Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shape-Only linetype Starting/ending with a dash - Any way to stop this?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
chadmart
640 Views, 0 Replies

Shape-Only linetype Starting/ending with a dash - Any way to stop this?

I've read about the Alignment Field and how AutoCAD can't use any other than beginning with a dash, so I fear that I already know the answer.

I want to make a linetype with a shape file attached to represent a cone line. This linetype would be simply the shape and nothing else. The way we do this currently, I draw a line on a non-plot layer and then use the measure or divide commands to place the block representing the cone onto the line. This gets into crazy hassles when you have to start messing around with the lines after placing the blocks... although the aligned array might help that. I still have to play around with that. Anway, in the attached image you can see the top row of cones is the shape/linetype, and it starts with a dash and ends with a dash. The cone has to start at the beginning of the line, and with this way that ACAD handles it, the dash happens and then the cone. The lower magenta line is a non-plot line with the cone block on it. I do have a lisp that places the cones and puts them in a group so it is easier to remove them and re-place them if I have to change the base line. It would just be so much easier if I could do it with just the LT.

I assume the answer is that I can do nothing about it, but on the off chance that there is something I can do, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

P.S. I've done a little playing around and found that on a line that is exactly 100' long, this linetype starts the first cone at 10' from beginning of the line. The LT is set up for 20' spacing on the cones, so it displays 4 cones and has a 10' dash at either end of the line, and it doesn't display the cone at the last dash. If I lengthen the line by .001 then the first cone starts at the beginning of the line with no dash, but the last cone is still not displayed. It looks like if I play around with the final length of the line, I can get something close to what I want, but still not precise. I've attached a 2nd image that shows this. The top line is the one slightly lengthened one, the 2nd line is the exactly 100' line, and the bottom line is the non-plot line with cone blocks.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost