Visualization

Visualization

mibswed
Message 1 of 2 (589 Views)

Save as dialog in Autocad doesnt handle windows shortcuts the standard way...

589 Views, 1 Replies
08-25-2010 03:11 AM

Hello!

There is a problem using the file Save-as dialog in AutoCAD, seems in all versions. In all other applications save-as dialogs you can navigate through windows shortcuts to save a file.

But, in AutoCAD, when entering a shortcut int the file save-as dialog the assumed file name in the file part of the save-as dialog changes to the shortcut name and you have then lost the initial filename. This is causing our solution not to work, we want to be able to navigate our shortcuts and save autocad files in their paths. Observe, as said, that this works the standard way in all other applications, i.e the file name is kept while navigating through a shortcut in the file save-as dialog.

Why does AutoCAD work this way and? Is it intentional or is it a bug? how to handle it? Is it possible to configure somewhere soo that AutoCAD handle windows shortcuts the standard way? Or is there a possibility to make a pluggin to the AutoCAD save-as dialog, like you can hook up a shell extension for the windows explorer?

Regards /Mikael

mibswed
Message 2 of 2 (575 Views)

Re: Save as dialog in Autocad doesnt handle windows shortcuts the standard way..

09-01-2010 11:26 PM in reply to: mibswed

I found the solution myself. It involves, instead of creating a shortcut, create a folder (with wanted name), place a shortcut in it called Target.lnk, add a special Desktop.ini with it and finally set the folder to a system folder. If someone is interested in details i have Delphi example code.

/Mikael

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.