Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same drawing, different scales!?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
kiarianc
1488 Views, 1 Reply

Same drawing, different scales!?

I have two identical, seperate drawings, with the exact same Xrefs nested in each drawing but I can't seem to get them both to show the same linetype scale in Paper Space for the key.

The model space seems to be fine, but for some reason the key on one, even though the linetypes are identical and at the same scale, look completely different.

I have tried PSLTSCALE to see if this corrects this, but all that seems to do is mess up the visual style in MODEL SPACE.

Scaling, my biggest annoyance in AutoCAD. Drives me up the wall....

Please advise. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rendarin
in reply to: kiarianc

Double check your Annotation Scale, sometimes the Standard Scales can be the same for two viewports while the Annotation Scales are different. This would change how the linetypes are shown.

From what I understand The PSLTSCALE doesn't do anything for the model view (it's default is 1); generally in the Layout if your viewport Annotation and Standard Scale are correct, then what you see in the Layout tab is what will be printed. (of course make sure you regen after setting up the viewport scales to make sure it's up to date).

It's the Modelspace that should be checked, when in the modelspace type out MSLTSCALE and make sure that's also set to 1. So to check what the linetype will look like when it's printed, use the Annotation Scale at the bottom right hand of the Model View. Again make sure you hit regen whenever you change the Scale. If you see the attached the PL has the same LTSCALE and LT, but with the different selected scales it shows up differently.

And sorry, I'm not familiar with what you mean by the "key."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost