Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pan/orbit extremely choppy

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ams71188
708 Views, 3 Replies

pan/orbit extremely choppy

A problem I have been running into recently is panning and orbiting become extremly choppy on certain files.

I work with 10-20 different files on a daily basis and occasionally I'll get one that will not orbit smoothly. It is almost unuseable. Once i copy it and paste into a new drawing, it becomes smooth again.

My first though was it may be a graphics card issue, but wouldn't it happen to all files?

Even if I restart my computer and go back to that choppy file, orbiting is still choppy.

Has anyone else run into this problem? It is annoying to have to copy the drawing into a new file and then re-do all of my layouts just because of this.

Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rendarin
in reply to: ams71188

This doesn't solve the main issue, but if you copy to a new file and use the same basepoint (i.e. the objects are still in the same location), I think you can copy the viewports in your previous dwg file to the new dwg, and they'll still be looking at the same location in the model space. So no need to re-do the layouts.

Emphasis on "I think." I'm at home right now and don't have CAD installed here.
Message 3 of 4
J_Gibbins

I've experienced the same problem.

A few quck fixes that might help you out:

1. Zoom extents, change PERSPECTIVE = 1, zoom extends, change PERSPECTIVE = 0 (this method leaves the extents zooming annoying as it seems to think there's extra objects in the drawing.

2. Zoom extents, DVIEW, exit DVIEW command without changing anything. (This method seems to work perfectly)

I haven't had te problem a lot but when it doesn happen it's frustating! Hope this might be able to help you out.

Message 4 of 4
CMCORE

Simply changing from parallel to perspective views and back again fixes the issue for me. It's happened a few times, but very infrequently. Seems like a random glitch.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost