Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material mismatching in render

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
nirpolak1
395 Views, 4 Replies

Material mismatching in render

Hey, I'm having some troubles with rendering in autocad 2014 (student edition), as the final image shows parts that failed to render the material, mainly at backward areas. It's not a problem with the material itself, because I changed it to something completely different and the problem stayed.
Here's an exapmle, can you identify the problem?
Thanks!
Outside2.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anthonius
in reply to: nirpolak1

What do you mean by "backwards" areas?  Are you referring to the grey-ish blocky things you're getting (some circled below)?

Air Force Cathedral question.JPG

--------------
AutoCAD 2014 64 bit
Revit 2016 64 bit
Windows 7

Have a good time, all the time.
Message 3 of 5
nirpolak1

Yes, it doesn't seem to apear on the front.

Message 4 of 5
Anthonius

I think you and I are at odds with what we would call "back" and "front".  Those grey artifacts are on the "side" of the cathedral facing the "front" where the doors are - to me.

I don't suppose you could post the solid model dwg file?  Then I could open it and check.

One guess is that those particular pieces of glass have double solids on them.  Meaning two pieces of the same glass in the same place.

Could you perhaps make a couple of other renderings from different views so we could see those grey artifacts from a different angle?

--------------
AutoCAD 2014 64 bit
Revit 2016 64 bit
Windows 7

Have a good time, all the time.
Message 5 of 5
nirpolak1

I meant fornt of the prespective, as everything closer to the camera seems fine, and from one point backward something went wrong. But nevermind that, I just thought it was related to the problem.

Duplicated solids were my guess too (I didn't made the model), so I'm fixing that now and will post tommorow if the problem continues. 

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost