Line Weights and colours not showing up properly in model space in AutoCAD2014

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
k_wilkinson
51102 Views, 7 Replies

Line Weights and colours not showing up properly in model space in AutoCAD2014

Hello,

I recently installed AutoCAD 2014 onto my computer and after the installation I opened up a couple of drawings. I noticed right away that there was some issues with the way the drawings are showing up.

1. The line weights on the drawings are all showing up thicker than they should. I tried selecting and then deselecting the "Show/Hide Lineweight" box at the bottom of the screen as well as the check box in the lineweight command. This fixes the problem until any other function is done ranging from zooming in or out, to drawing another line. This is happening in Model space only. When I move to the layout tab the line weights are shown correct.

2. The other problem is with the colours. There are some items on the drawing that should be shown in different colours (i.e. green or blue) but every line and block on the drawing is shown as a white line (my model space has a black background). Everything that is drawn that should be white has "ByBlock" as the colour. Everything that should be a different colour has the colour changed manually. Again, this is happening only in the model space tabe. When I move to the layout tab, the colours are shown correct.

Has anyone had the same issues that I'm having and is there a fix for this?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: k_wilkinson

I don't know if this'll help, but I did a search on "white lines" in the forums, and a common answer seems to be to go into Page Setup manager and uncheck the Display Plot Styles box. This may help with your item #2...

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 3 of 8
llorden4

Not sure about the colors, but lineweights issues are something I've seen before.   Visit this thread and see if it resolves your issue...

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?21280-Lines-display-thick-in-paperspace

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional
Message 4 of 8

Hi

For your first problem maybe you can try with LWDISPLAY system variable.  Verify its ON.

Cheers

Richard Vivanco V.
Arq. BIM Manager + Autodesk Certified Instructor
Website | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

I'm hunting for a solution to the exact same problem, but with AutoCAD2012.  We received base files from a consultant that behave in a similar way.  Some of them show the correct line color in model space but have lineweight thickness issues.  Others just show all the linework in model space as white.

Toggling the "lineweight" command, or toggling the lineweight display settings in the "options" dialog box fixes the first problem until the drawing is saved and re-opened.

There's a work-around to the white-lines in model space problem posted here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Architecture-General/Model-space-colors-missing/m-p/3357847#M3...

however, this doesn't really fix the problem, it just changes the type of view that you're using to display your line work.  I think that the issue is that there is a display settings option tied directly to the "2dwireframe" shademode, but I can't find a way to adjust it or reset it.  That's the view style I'm hoping to have show colors, I'm not interested in working in regular Wireframe.

Of course, starting a new drawing and cutting/pasting all the drawing contents into that new drawing fixes either problem completely.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Richard.Vivanco

thanks my problem solve! ^_^
Message 7 of 8
Tyler.Sall
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

doing the opposite fixed it for me, i checked the display plot styles box in page setup manager and problem went away.thick.JPGthin.JPG

Message 8 of 8
CoryHallisey
in reply to: Anonymous

Another solution may be in Options under the display tab.  Make sure the "Apply solid fill" box is checked.  Or use FILL command set to ON and regen.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost