Visualization

Visualization

peter_m.
Message 1 of 3 (264 Views)

Image map - specific view to specific face

264 Views, 2 Replies
02-18-2013 03:34 AM

I'm trying to apply an image (attached) to a solid, a simple rectangular box, so that each face shows a specific view.

I've done some basic texturemapping now and again, but nothing liek this, and I'm having real trouble getting it to work right.

Can anybody let me know if what I'm trying to do is possible in acad, and if so, how?

peter_m.
Message 2 of 3 (246 Views)

Re: Image map - specific view to specific face

02-20-2013 03:41 AM in reply to: peter_m.

Okay.

I've split the previous image into multiple, 1 image per view, and applied them to each face (using control).

I'm having a problem though, when I move/rotate the solid, the texture doesn't move/rotate with it. It is as though the texture was anchord in space, rather than to the solid.

I have googled the problem, and found others experiencing the same thing, but no solution was provided.

Has anyone else have any help?

Distinguished Contributor
area51visitor
Message 3 of 3 (233 Views)

Re: Image map - specific view to specific face

02-22-2013 04:06 AM in reply to: peter_m.

Hi Peter,

I haven't experienced the issue but have you tried re-mapping the material?

Map Image

- Brian
"Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes."
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.