Visualization

Visualization

romain.herdier
Message 1 of 6 (5,910 Views)

Create PDF 3D with AutoCAD 2012 files

5910 Views, 5 Replies
07-18-2012 06:30 AM

Hello,

I'm searching for days a way to convert sheets made with AutoCAD in PDF 3D. I didn't find a convenient way at the moment.

I'm currently searching around 3D DWF files, which have the rendering I want... but only in Design Review 2013. The printing in PDF only generate an immovable 2D copy.

I didn't already try with Simlab Composer, or Tetra 4D (wich could be the best way... But the most expensive).

Have you already find a better and cheaper way ton create such files ?

Thanks in advance

romain.herdier
Message 2 of 6 (5,908 Views)

Re: Create PDF 3D with AutoCAD 2012 files

07-18-2012 07:27 AM in reply to: romain.herdier

I must add I tried Acrobat 9 Pro Extended, which recognized DWG and DWF...

With DWG, I had all the marks of the layers, making my product looking like a black gypsum flower than the expected result (I'm not the one using regularly AutoCAD at wy workplace, maybe I missed some function to change it).

With DWF 3D, I have a 3D file, but with only the mark, the drawing is completely missing.

It was the best I found yet...

I looked at 3D lab and Tetra 4D : none of them recognized autoCAD files. So, I'm in a dead-end now.

G4M3R
Message 3 of 6 (5,774 Views)

09-19-2012 01:34 AM in reply to: romain.herdier

romain.herdier wrote:

Hello,

I'm searching for days a way to convert sheets made with AutoCAD in PDF 3D. I didn't find a convenient way at the moment.

I'm currently searching around 3D DWF files, which have the rendering I want... but only in Design Review 2013. The printing in PDF only generate an immovable 2D copy.

I didn't already try with Simlab Composer, or Tetra 4D (wich could be the best way... But the most expensive).

Have you already find a better and cheaper way ton create such files ?

Thanks in advance

Hello 

i'm a french user of autocad 2011 (with prosteel) 

i have adobe acrobat X pro and Tetra 4D and i have maybe a solution for you

You can save your .DWG in .SAT( ACIS format) with the export function , it's possible to open this file .sat   with adobe acrobat and he create a 3D PDF file.

But at this time, i have the model in PDF who all the parts are named "node", i don't know how to keep my layers in my pdf 3D.

also all the colours of parts are changed to grey.

I search a solution of these "problems"

Sorry for my poor english ^^

romain.herdier
Message 4 of 6 (5,768 Views)

09-19-2012 06:43 AM in reply to: G4M3R
I'm French too :smileyhappy: I found a very similar solution, with 3DVia Composer (my company just acquired it) : I convert files in .SAT (better than .ICS), and use 3DVia to generate the PDF. Thanks for the help though.
GPATRICKIUP
Message 5 of 6 (2,798 Views)

12-09-2013 01:04 PM in reply to: romain.herdier

I have discovered that Bentley Systems' Bentley View V8i will read DWG files and print to 3D PDFs - I am really impressed wit hthe results, bu thave yet to get a handle on output colors; I'm just barely getting used to the Bentley software.

romain.herdier
Message 6 of 6 (896 Views)

07-18-2014 02:59 AM in reply to: GPATRICKIUP

Hi,

Thanks for the tip, I had to search on this issue again and tried Bentley. Anyway, I'm still stuck. Bentley opens the DWG, but I can't navigate in it (something linked to the "DWG work mode" , don't sure how it is called in english) , and moreover when I try to print a PDF, the ticking box for printing into 3D isn't here.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!