Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Layout (Entities or Insertion Point extents)

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Lineabove
464 Views, 3 Replies

Zoom Layout (Entities or Insertion Point extents)

I have a drawing with various layouts that when I do a Zoom Extents the drawings is reduced to the size of a point.

I have done all the usual, ie: look for extra entities that are "out in space" so to speak and there are none.

I wonder if I have a block or image which may have an insertion point "out in space" and if this may be the issue.

Is there some way to Select all entities or Blocks (insertion point) that may exist outside a particular area ie: drawing limits.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Lineabove

@Anonymous wrote:

....when I do a Zoom Extents the drawings is reduced to the size of a point.

I wonder if I have a block or image which may have an insertion point "out in space" and if this may be the issue.

I don't think that can be the problem.  When I open a new drawing, draw something small in the middle, define it as a Block with its insertion point way off to one side, converting the contents into an insertion of the Block, and then Zoom Extents, it zooms in on and centers nicely around just the drawn contents of the Block, and doesn't include the insertion point in its definition of the Extents of the drawing.

But if that might be version-dependent or something, I would think if what you describe is the issue, you should be able to select everything in the reduced drawing with a crossing window, or do this:

(sssetfirst nil (ssget "_X"))

to turn on everything's grips.  A Block reference will have a grip at the insertion point, and you should see that somewhere along the perimeter of the drawing area.

Is the pin-point drawing content along an edge somewhere [which would suggest to me some invisible element along the opposite edge], or is it in the middle of the screen [which would suggest some different cause]?

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 4
Lineabove
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

I tried the (sssetfirst nil (ssget "_X")) and the only grips I see are the ones where the actual drawing would be.

There are no extra grips around the edges.

I thought to delete all xrefs and images to see if that may be the issue but the issue remains.

Then I thought I would exportlayout to see if that might help me find the issue.

The exported Layot also zooms out to a tiny dot.

If I plot preview (extents) I will see the proper drawing however when I plot the plotted drawing will be in the bottom left corner.

... Just did a FLATTEN in Model Space and I think that may have solved the issue.

Will examine a bit more and report back.

Message 4 of 4
Lineabove
in reply to: Lineabove

I confirm that the issue was an IMAGE.

I went through all my layouts and did a FLATTEN.

The erronous Image was fixed and I may now Zoom Extents properly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost