Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who can help to modify it?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
2e4lite
424 Views, 8 Replies

Who can help to modify it?

The program attached can't effect on multiple original objects to match property in one run (only a original object to match property in one run),Who can modify it ?Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
2e4lite
in reply to: 2e4lite

Why can give a reply?
Message 3 of 9
owenwengerd
in reply to: 2e4lite

You're more likely to get help if you clarify that the code you posted is your own effort, otherwise people will suspect that you are here for free programming services. Describe exactly which part of the code you're having trouble with. If it isn't working as you expect, describe what you expect, and in what way it doesn't meet your expectations.

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 4 of 9
2e4lite
in reply to: owenwengerd

Why I cannot modified the contents or accessories before
Message 5 of 9
Kent1Cooper

@owenwengerd wrote:

.... people will suspect that you are here for free programming services. Describe exactly which part of the code you're having trouble with. If it isn't working as you expect, describe what you expect, and in what way it doesn't meet your expectations.

[People don't often put it in those terms, but "free programming services" are a large part of all that goes on in this Forum, so I don't have a problem with that.]  I don't think there's anything about the posted code that is giving them trouble, or that doesn't work as expected, but there's something of a language barrier.  If I may re-state what I think they're asking for:

They would like a routine that will let them select not just one [as the posted routine is limited to] but more than one Line(s) and/or Polyline(s), and identify all such objects in the drawing that match any of the selected ones in length and [for Lines] angle or [for Polylines] area.  So, if they select two Lines, they would like it to identify all Lines that match either of those selected Lines in length and angle.  Or if they select a Line and a Polyline, they would like it to identify all Lines that match the selected Line in length and angle and all Polylines that match the selected Polyline in length and area.  And so on....

If that is correct, I'm sure that could be done, with a list of Line length-and-angle sub-lists, and a list of Polyline length-and-area sub-lists, to compare against.  But I have a question for 2e4lite:

Should Lines that run in opposite directions be considered "equal" in angle?  A horizontal Line that is drawn from left to right and one that is drawn from right to left are equivalent in a way, but the original routine would not consider them equal, because the angle [in radians] of one is 0 and the angle of the other is pi.  If you select a left-to-right Line, would you want the routine to identify a right-to-left Line of the same length?

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 6 of 9
owenwengerd
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

@Kent1Cooper wrote:

[People don't often put it in those terms, but "free programming services" are a large part of all that goes on in this Forum, so I don't have a problem with that.]

I think the forum is increasingly at risk of turning into a marketplace for free commercial programming services instead of a marketplace for ideas and peer support. Despite the risk, I don't have a problem with others providing free commercial programming services as they wish. I do have a problem with the posting of pirated code and asking for it to be modified without permission. If the forum charter of providing peer support is to remain intact, then members and moderators had better remain vigilant.

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 7 of 9
2e4lite
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Yep, Kent1Cooper ,you understand exactly right,and that is what I said.

If users select a left-to-right Line, the routine should identify a right-to-left Line of the same length.

As the attachment above : in length and (for Lines)angle or (for Polylines) area. I want you to add a few condition: in color、layer and linetype for them.

Message 8 of 9
dbroad

Owen,

Good points.  It is apparent that the OP does not understand the code he has posted but there is no attribution for the code.  If it is not the work of the person who posted, then the source information should be posted with the code.  Otherwise, we who are helping become unwittingly part of the theft of intellectual property and share the copyright violation by modifying the code.

One problem is that it is very difficult to check whether such code has been pirated.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 9 of 9
owenwengerd
in reply to: dbroad

@Anonymous wrote:

One problem is that it is very difficult to check whether such code has been pirated.

It's only necessary to use some judgement when deciding how to respond to a questionable post. No response is OK. Aiding and abetting is a negative response, even dangerous. I demonstrated in this thread what I consider to be a positive response that puts pressure on the OP to be accountable and take responsibility without challenging their motive.

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost