Did you mean: 

Where is the LiSP Help File for 2014?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mgorecki
324 Views, 3 Replies

Where is the LiSP Help File for 2014?

Ok, I've been using AutoLiSP for a while now, and have always been able to get the "AutoLISP Developer's Guide" by picking the "Help" menu.  Now AutoDesk decides to hide it or get rid of it completely and instead use Internet links that STILL DO NOT TAKE YOU TO THE AUTOLISP DEVELOPERS GUIDE!!

Can anyone tell me where to find the guide?  I liked having it just to look up certain commands.

Thanks,

Mark

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Shneuph
in reply to: mgorecki

For me it's at:

Developer's Guide:  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\acad_aag.chm

VisualLISP:               C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\acadauto.chm

---sig---------------------------------------
'(83 104 110 101 117 112 104 64 71 109 97 105 108 46 99 111 109)
Message 3 of 4
mgorecki
in reply to: Shneuph

Thank you, I guess I just wonder why in the world would they not have a way to pick those from the many options on the page that launches.  I'm in the AutoLiSP editor, I would assume that picking help would get me AutoLiSP help.  I know, it's a crazy thought.

Message 4 of 4
Shneuph
in reply to: mgorecki

You'd think it would, ha?  I think 2010 (or maybe it was 2008) went to lisp help from the vlide window but you couldn't get there from the regular AutoCAD application window.  AutoCAD Help has been jacked for years. Smiley Frustrated  

I have put shortcuts to the above help files on my desktop and I have a bookmark to the regular lisp functions help online.  The in-app help for AutoCAD is useless for these imo.

But hey, I hear 2015 has a fancy new GUI. Smiley Sad

---sig---------------------------------------
'(83 104 110 101 117 112 104 64 71 109 97 105 108 46 99 111 109)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost