Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice recognition

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
Anonymous
581 Views, 27 Replies

Voice recognition

Does anyone know how to make AutoCAD react to voice commands? Seems to me it would be a huge productivity feature.
27 REPLIES 27
Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Ah... you're just saying that because I talked you out of getting it a year ago. "James Maeding" wrote in message news:q5rbe0tml4h3sf39dn2b237umgth60bli7@4ax.com... > I am really interested in this even though I too try to get people to type stuff. > The fact is the more you can uload the mouse, the better. > I think osnaps are THE perfect candidate for this type of thing. I would even be up for some kind of foot pedal that > issues the osnap menu so I can then type the mnemonic letter. (I hate running osnaps...) > I am suprised at the lack of variety of input devices for things like Acad. R&D must be too expensive for the market > share... > > So take that Rudy! > > "Len Nobel" > |>Does anyone know how to make AutoCAD react to voice commands? > |>Seems to me it would be a huge productivity feature. > |> > > James Maeding > Civil Engineer/Programmer
Message 22 of 28
Anonymous

<>

Which direction is that?? Couldn't we all use some assistance?? BTW, using her interface, she's considerably more efficient than her competitors.

< >>

Did ya' ever draw by hand?? Use an electric eraser? Come on, just because you didn't want to erase ?? Hasn't nearly every major advancement been to reduce effort?
Need a computer to draw a line, come on.
Pocket calculator to add numbers, come on.
Remote to change channels on the TV, come on.
Voice Recog. is just one more step.

Necessity has never been the mother of invention, lazy is. and productivity it's father.
Message 23 of 28
Anonymous

I MYSELF AM DISABLED W/ M.D. & HERE IS MY STORY(PLEASE HELP!)

Does anyone use Voice Recognition with ADT? Can anyone give me an educated/experienced opinion on which software to use (if any)?

I'm a 36yr. old male w/ a phy. disability (Muscular Dystrophy) it progresses slowly but it is now starting to affect my drawing abilities. When I started a Technical College class 5yrs. ago I was told that voice recognition was compatible w/ Autodesk products so I would be able use assistive technology if needed. But now that I need this technology & I have had no luck finding it.

The bottom line is this: If can't find away to operate ADT w/out using (or w/ minimum usage) of keyboard &/or mouse then it looks as if I will be forced into Soc. Sec. Disability!

I "CAN'T" survive (physically nor mentally & certainly not financially) like that! I need to be active & architectural design is my PASSION & LOVE (Next to my wife & son that is!).

PLEASE I NEED HELP IN A MAJOR WAY!!...... I NEED SOMEONE'S HELP!!....ANY INSIGHT OR ADVICE WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Douglas Whitted
dbwhitted@bellsouth.net
Message 24 of 28
Anonymous

Douglas, I've used L&H Voice Express with some good success. Although the company is out of business I believe the product was picked up by Dragon. You might be able to pick up a copy of L&H on Ebay or by some other means. You might also want to consider using a dual monitor set up with one of the NVidea cards, their drivers and software provide some nice features and shortcuts. I 've set my system to display AutoCAD on one screen with the Aerial View active on the oppisite monitor. Combined with mouse over windows activation this cuts down a lot on mouse clicks and button presses. Good luck! -- Patrick Hughes Engineered Design Solutions http://www.engds.com
Message 25 of 28
Anonymous

I don't know if this is any hepl, but I've looked at voice recognition a little out of curiosity. As I understand it, the Dragon Naturally Speaking *Professional* product has a programible environment. Good Luck! dbwhitted wrote: > I MYSELF AM DISABLED W/ M.D. & HERE IS MY STORY(PLEASE HELP!) > > Does anyone use Voice Recognition with ADT? Can anyone give me an educated/experienced opinion on which software to use (if any)? > > I'm a 36yr. old male w/ a phy. disability (Muscular Dystrophy) it progresses slowly but it is now starting to affect my drawing abilities. When I started a Technical College class 5yrs. ago I was told that voice recognition was compatible w/ Autodesk products so I would be able use assistive technology if needed. But now that I need this technology & I have had no luck finding it. > > The bottom line is this: If can't find away to operate ADT w/out using (or w/ minimum usage) of keyboard &/or mouse then it looks as if I will be forced into Soc. Sec. Disability! > > I "CAN'T" survive (physically nor mentally & certainly not financially) like that! I need to be active & architectural design is my PASSION & LOVE (Next to my wife & son that is!). > > PLEASE I NEED HELP IN A MAJOR WAY!!...... I NEED SOMEONE'S HELP!!....ANY INSIGHT OR ADVICE WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!! > > Douglas Whitted > dbwhitted@bellsouth.net
Message 26 of 28
Anonymous

It might help also if you post a new topic. Some of the people here use new readers, so they don't see the older topics, or they see a reply message as the header and ignore it.

Tim
Message 27 of 28
Anonymous

Thanks to "everyone" for all the info. so far. I'm researching & sifting through it all.

I may not be able to reply every week due to the fact that I work in the mechanical design field w/ a great company (IMTEC Inc.). I strive to dedicate 40hrs/wk there as well as run a small architectural design business from home.

But, I will continue to watch & monitor the replies as well as research them.

I am unable to use the keyboard for typing so I'm using WindowsXP's on-screen keyboard which allows me to get the job done but @ a very slow speed (36 min. typing so far). Maybe there is another post topic?
Message 28 of 28
julie.schiller

Hi all,

I'm a user researcher at Autodesk and we are looking for people to speak with people who use assistive technologies about our current and future products. If you're interested in participating, please contact me for more information. We're eager to hear from these users!

-Julie

Julie Schiller
Manager of User Research

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost