Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization

Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization

*Len Nobel
Message 1 of 28 (154 Views)

Voice recognition

154 Views, 27 Replies
07-02-2004 08:26 AM
Does anyone know how to make AutoCAD react to voice commands? Seems to me it would be a huge productivity feature.
*Matt W
Message 2 of 28 (154 Views)

Re: Voice recognition

07-02-2004 08:39 AM in reply to: *Len Nobel
Sounds like it'd be a huge annoyance to the person sitting next to you. :smileyhappy: It would probably work great for notes, but for anything else....??? The biggest question I have is, how would you draw, let's say, a line?? I'm guessing, to draw a line from 0,0,0 to 100,100,0 it would be something like this. LINE ENTER ZERO COMMA ZERO COMMA ZERO ENTER ONE HUNDRED COMMA ONE HUNDRED COMMA ZERO ENTER In other words... How would you tell AutoCAD where to START the line?? You'd have to say the coordinates!! Am I right?? -- Matt W The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. "Len Nobel" wrote in message news:40e57eb8$1_2@newsprd01... | Does anyone know how to make AutoCAD react to voice commands? | Seems to me it would be a huge productivity feature. | |
*Randy Sanders
Message 3 of 28 (154 Views)

07-02-2004 08:49 AM in reply to: *Len Nobel
Back in the day, a long, long, way too long, time ago there was a product, I believe from Dragon Systems (but my memory aint what it used to be), that had a card for voice recognition that would work. It could be used to start commands and could recognize maybe 30 commands. I knew a couple of people that tried it and found it more annoying than helpful. Now that computers are faster and more powerful, there may be newer products that would work better.
*Len Nobel
Message 4 of 28 (154 Views)

07-02-2004 09:04 AM in reply to: *Len Nobel
Well, I'm alone with my computer. I just envisioned giving the initial command by voice, like Line, Copy, Rotate etc. The follow-up would still be by input device. "Matt W" wrote in message news:40e581ed$1_3@newsprd01... > Sounds like it'd be a huge annoyance to the person sitting next to you. :smileyhappy: > > It would probably work great for notes, but for anything else....??? > The biggest question I have is, how would you draw, let's say, a line?? > > I'm guessing, to draw a line from 0,0,0 to 100,100,0 it would be something > like this. > > LINE > ENTER > ZERO COMMA ZERO COMMA ZERO > ENTER > ONE HUNDRED COMMA ONE HUNDRED COMMA ZERO > ENTER > > In other words... How would you tell AutoCAD where to START the line?? > You'd have to say the coordinates!! > Am I right?? > > -- > Matt W > > The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. > "Len Nobel" wrote in message news:40e57eb8$1_2@newsprd01... > | Does anyone know how to make AutoCAD react to voice commands? > | Seems to me it would be a huge productivity feature. > | > | > >
Distinguished Contributor
old-cadaver
Message 5 of 28 (154 Views)

07-02-2004 09:18 AM in reply to: *Len Nobel
DRAGON "NaturallySpeaking" can be "taught AutoCAD commands fairly easily, but the response time on even the best setup is agonizingly slow. A friend of mine broke her neck in an automobile accident several years ago, and she's been using a modified version of Dragon for a couple of years. With very heavy customization, geared specifically for what she produces, she has become extremely productive. But then she has more patience than I.
*Rudy Tovar
Message 6 of 28 (154 Views)

07-02-2004 10:27 AM in reply to: *Len Nobel
[Yikes] Again! Why not have it linked to our brains...? If you want to be productive, customize, customize, and then customize. Forget about voice commands, thats for Star Trekies... "Len Nobel" wrote in message news:40e57eb8$1_2@newsprd01... > Does anyone know how to make AutoCAD react to voice commands? > Seems to me it would be a huge productivity feature. > >
*Dave Alexander
Message 7 of 28 (154 Views)

07-02-2004 12:22 PM in reply to: *Len Nobel
Rudy, you supprised me. Isn't voice recognition just another customization technique? Dave Alexander Keen Engineering Co. Ltd. "Rudy Tovar" wrote in message news:40e59b06$1_2@newsprd01... > [Yikes] Again! > > Why not have it linked to our brains...? > > If you want to be productive, customize, customize, and then customize. > > Forget about voice commands, thats for Star Trekies... > > > > > "Len Nobel" wrote in message news:40e57eb8$1_2@newsprd01... > > Does anyone know how to make AutoCAD react to voice commands? > > Seems to me it would be a huge productivity feature. > > > > > >
*dth
Message 8 of 28 (154 Views)

07-02-2004 12:44 PM in reply to: *Len Nobel
There was a joke about this a long time ago when voice recognition software was first out. The biggest reason not get voice recognition software for AutoCAD? All it would take is someone running down the center of the office yelling, "ERASE - ALL - QSAVE - QSAVE" "Len Nobel" wrote in message news:40e57eb8$1_2@newsprd01... > Does anyone know how to make AutoCAD react to voice commands? > Seems to me it would be a huge productivity feature. > >
*Murph
Message 9 of 28 (154 Views)

07-02-2004 12:47 PM in reply to: *Len Nobel
He's afraid someone like me would sneak up behind him and holler Erase All Quicksave Quit. Murph (I would do it to, maybe not to Rudy but to a few ppls) "Dave Alexander" wrote in message news:40e5b60b$1_2@newsprd01... > Rudy, you supprised me. > > Isn't voice recognition just another customization technique? > > Dave Alexander > Keen Engineering Co. Ltd. > > > "Rudy Tovar" wrote in message > news:40e59b06$1_2@newsprd01... > > [Yikes] Again! > > > > Why not have it linked to our brains...? > > > > If you want to be productive, customize, customize, and then customize. > > > > Forget about voice commands, thats for Star Trekies... > > > > > > > > > > "Len Nobel" wrote in message > news:40e57eb8$1_2@newsprd01... > > > Does anyone know how to make AutoCAD react to voice commands? > > > Seems to me it would be a huge productivity feature. > > > > > > > > > > > >
*Murph
Message 10 of 28 (154 Views)

07-02-2004 12:48 PM in reply to: *Len Nobel
You beat me to it.(I should of refreshed quicker) Murph "dth" <...> wrote in message news:40e5bb03$1_1@newsprd01... > There was a joke about this a long time ago when voice recognition software > was first out. > > The biggest reason not get voice recognition software for AutoCAD? > > All it would take is someone running down the center of the office yelling, > "ERASE - ALL - QSAVE - QSAVE" > > "Len Nobel" wrote in message news:40e57eb8$1_2@newsprd01... > > Does anyone know how to make AutoCAD react to voice commands? > > Seems to me it would be a huge productivity feature. > > > > > >
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.