Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VLIDE No Break Points / Unable to Run code

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
StormyC
726 Views, 9 Replies

VLIDE No Break Points / Unable to Run code

When I try to set a break point I get an error "Can't Locate Break Point"..... any thoughts?

AutoCAD2014 Win7 64bit.

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
devitg
in reply to: StormyC

When I try to set a break point I get an error "Can't Locate Break Point"..... any thoughts?

Where, how, please upload your lisp , or a VLIDE screenshoot.

Please be more specific .

Message 3 of 10
bhull1985

How could anyone give you an accurate solution with a problem as ambiguous as that...

You could be trying to set a break point as an object in the cad window for all we know..

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Please use code tags and credit where credit is due. Accept as solution, if solved. Let's keep it trim people!
Message 4 of 10
StormyC
in reply to: bhull1985

My apologies to you both for the ambiguous statement:

(defun-q the_startup(/ f reg-key)
 (setvar "cmdecho" 0)
 (setvar "isavepercent" 0)

That was the function start and Ive since learned you can't set a break point is this kind of function. Would be nice to know the exact reason why... but not necessary.

Again, I am sorry wasn't as verbose before. My feeble excuse was I had limited time to post the query..... Thanks.

Message 5 of 10
bhull1985

Hmm...that's an odd portion of code.

What are you trying to have it do, exactly?

It appears as if it simply changes the save interval.

If you're simply wanting it to do that at the start-up of autocad, then...place the following into your support file search path, in acaddoc.lsp. You will either need to create this file or add it to your existing file (to typically have lisp load every time a dwg is opened)

(defun-q the_startup ( / oldecho )

(setq oldecho (getvar "cmdecho"))
 (setvar "cmdecho" 0)
 (setvar "isavepercent" 0)
 (setvar "cmdecho" oldecho)

);defun closing parenthesis

But just from taking a look at what you provided, there are a couple of variables listed that are not in the code- reeks of incompleteness or being copied from another source incorrectly. Thanks for posting the code, though that certainly helps. What are you looking for it to do, again? Besides having the ability to properly set up a break point..

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Please use code tags and credit where credit is due. Accept as solution, if solved. Let's keep it trim people!
Message 6 of 10
StormyC
in reply to: bhull1985

Thanks for the reply;

The code is indeed incomplete in the example and the complete code isnt an issue as it runs perfectly (variables are used later on) and resides in the acad.lsp file in the support folder so it runs per session and not per document.

The issue was/is you cant set a breakpoint in it.  I chose the 1st two lines just to illustrate its was nothing special...

So back to the original question:

When I try to set a break point I get an error "Can't Locate Break Point"..... any thoughts?  (see 1st post with code)

And the answer seems to be: you can in a defun-q function......

I just wonder why that is now.....

Message 7 of 10
devitg

Maybe it could be the problem.

The defun-q function is provided strictly for backward-compatibility with previous versions of AutoLISP, and should not be used for other purposes. You can use defun-q in situations where you need to access a function definition as a list structure, which is the way defun was implemented in previous, non-compiled versions of AutoLISP.

Message 8 of 10
StormyC

@StormyC wrote:

And the answer seems to be: you can in a defun-q function......

That should read: you can't in a defun-q function......

Message 9 of 10
devitg

I was, just a guess.

Did you solve it using DEFUN  , instead of the DEFUN-Q?

Message 10 of 10
StormyC
in reply to: devitg

Yea.
I used defun-q to add to AutoCAD's S : : STARTUP so I can load up some dvb and dlls. Yea, I know there is the autoloader now but I have no idea how to set up an automated way of updating the files when needed and the auto loader doesnt support .dvb files....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost