Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vlide - Break on Error & Last Break Source

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mdhutchinson
425 Views, 3 Replies

Vlide - Break on Error & Last Break Source

I have a startup S::STARTUP loaded in Acaddoc.lsp that pops an error in the process but am having trouble finding the issue.

I am certain the STARTUP is runing as it should but what is ran after startup is where the problem is.

I setup a AutoCAD profile to show me File Security Concerns dialog... so I could get a list of what is being loaded. There are 5 files.

Does anyone know a way to get vlide to do the break on error in this case to nail down where the error happens. Or use the Error trace or Stack trace functions?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dbroad
in reply to: mdhutchinson

In order for Vlide to show you the last break source, all of files to be debugged need to be opened in VLIDE.  When debugging my work, I usually like to put an empty acaddoc.lsp and and empty acad.lsp file in the current folder and launch AutoCAD from that folder by using a drawing in that folder.

By having empty acad.lsp and acaddoc.lsp files being found first, the startup files won't load (unless they are in your startup suite, which I never use).  Start VLIDE and open the suspect files.  Turn on the break on error feature and load the files in the order that they would have been loaded in you S::STARTUP program.  Before loading each file use the debugger on each file first. When an error happens use vlide to find its source.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 4
Lee_Mac
in reply to: dbroad

dbroad wrote:

In order for Vlide to show you the last break source, all of files to be debugged need to be opened in VLIDE.

I'm inclined to disagree - in my experience, providing the VLIDE is open, the offending LISP file will be automatically opened when 'Last Break Source' is selected.

With this in mind, I would suggest opening a new drawing, open VLIDE & ensure 'Break on Error' is enabled, and then re-load the acaddoc.lsp (and evaluate the s::startup function manually if necessary) so that the error is encountered whilst the VLIDE is open, and then select 'Last Break Source'.

Message 4 of 4
martti.halminen
in reply to: Lee_Mac

@Lee_Mac wrote:
@dbroad3 wrote:

In order for Vlide to show you the last break source, all of files to be debugged need to be opened in VLIDE.

I'm inclined to disagree - in my experience, providing the VLIDE is open, the offending LISP file will be automatically opened when 'Last Break Source' is selected.

Works for interpreted code, that is .lsp files. Doesn't work for compiled code ( .fsl and .vlx files).

-- 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost