Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vla-close and vla-open

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
405 Views, 3 Replies

vla-close and vla-open

Hi all, I have almost 300 drawings that I need to open, do few things there, closing with saving. I run a single document variable mode. I tried (vla-close myDoc :vlax-true) but it says my drawing is busy... if someone could save me same time on this it will be greatly appreciated. Odie
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you in the current doc? Then consider switching to another doc. "Odie Silva" wrote in message news:4072ece4_2@newsprd01... > Hi all, > > I have almost 300 drawings that I need to open, do few things there, closing > with saving. > > I run a single document variable mode. > > I tried (vla-close myDoc :vlax-true) but it says my drawing is busy... > > if someone could save me same time on this it will be greatly appreciated. > > Odie > >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I am trying this: say, i have currently sht238 open and my next drawing is "sht239" (vla-open (strcat (getvar "DWGPREFIX") "sht239.dwg")) it gives me "Automation error. Method not available in SDI mode "Rudy Tovar" wrote in message news:4072f206$1_3@newsprd01... > Are you in the current doc? > > Then consider switching to another doc. > > "Odie Silva" wrote in message > news:4072ece4_2@newsprd01... > > Hi all, > > > > I have almost 300 drawings that I need to open, do few things there, > closing > > with saving. > > > > I run a single document variable mode. > > > > I tried (vla-close myDoc :vlax-true) but it says my drawing is busy... > > > > if someone could save me same time on this it will be greatly appreciated. > > > > Odie > > > > > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

This kind of thing is fairy easy with scripts. Its ok to run a lisp from a script, I do it all the time. Then you can just issue a qsave, then a close statement. Lisps and VBA's run into lots of hangups when trying to close a drawing with SDI set to 0. They think of themselves as being run under a drawing so they quit when the drawing closes. You should jump to using scripts when you want to close and open another drawing. "Odie Silva" |>Hi all, |> |>I have almost 300 drawings that I need to open, do few things there, closing |>with saving. |> |>I run a single document variable mode. |> |>I tried (vla-close myDoc :vlax-true) but it says my drawing is busy... |> |>if someone could save me same time on this it will be greatly appreciated. |> |>Odie |> James Maeding Civil Engineer/Programmer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost