Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBA / Lisp / DLL error

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
matt_HH
376 Views, 1 Reply

VBA / Lisp / DLL error

Hi there (hope this is in the right area)

Very green to the whole LISP and VBA thing, so please be patient. We are currently running a standalone (custom coded for us)  utilty that extracts info from a CAD drawing. Has worked great since 2006 until now.

We are upgrading to Windows 7, and this utility seems to choke on the 64 bit Windows platform. Works flawlessly on a 32 bit XP machine

We I start the extraction (just a cross window on CAD, I get the follwing error"Error loading ActiveX DLL"

When I look at the LISP I can see the area where the stumbling block is, but dont have the foggiest idea how to fix it.

Is this a 64 bit Windows 7 issue or a DLL issue or VBA???..........or wayyyy deeper than that.

Just wondering if this entire utility needs to be re-written to work on 64 bit or if the exisitng is fixable.

thanks in advance for any advice or if more info is required.

snippet of my LISP below (that contains the error)

;
; This function initializes the activeX interface
;
(defun initActiveX ()
   (if (car (atoms-family 1 '("vl-load-com"))) (vl-load-com))
   (setq vbApp (vlax-get-or-create-object "HHSBAcad.HHSB"))
   (if (not vbApp)
      (progn
         (princ "\nError loading ActiveX DLL.")
         nil
      )
      T
   )
)
;
; Process the data from the appropriate title block and pass it to the activeX instance
;
(defun processTBlockData ()
   ; Now you need to build the list of attribute data for the titleblock
   (setq tblockdata "")
   (setq ss nil)
   ; Select the appropriate title block
   (setq ss (ssget "X" (list (cons 0 "INSERT") (cons 2 TBlockName) (cons 410 PSpaceLayout))))

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Gary_J_Orr
in reply to: matt_HH

The dll will need to be modified for the 64 bit platform (and possibly other issues depending on software versions that are part of your upgrade, including the fact that your ACAD has differences between the 32 bit and 64 bit even when it's the same release version).

-Gary
Gary J. Orr
(Your Friendly Neighborhood) CADD/BIM/VDC Applications Manager
http://www.linkedin.com/in/garyorr

aka (current and past user names):
Gary_J_Orr (GOMO Stuff 2008-Present); OrrG (Forum Studio 2005-2008); Gary J. Orr (LHB Inc 2002-2005); Orr, Gary J. (Gossen Livingston 1997-2002)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost