Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using named Dimensional Constraints in a LISP or other AutoCAD custom program?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
neeboy74
700 Views, 3 Replies

using named Dimensional Constraints in a LISP or other AutoCAD custom program?

I am looking for a way to use user-specified Dimensional constraint parameters in an automated steup of some sort.  

I'm doing drawings for a company that makes compression fittings for people with circulatory problems.  They have workers that take numbers from a form that the customer fills out, then they manually draw up patterns that the fabric cutters use.  The pattern is a standard drawing, but by using constraints I could make the drawing size itself based on the data entered  This would be a very straightforward procedure in AutoCAD if I could get at those darn parameters somehow!

It would be a very easy job in Solidworks (and probably Inventor) where any user parameter can be named/re-named in Design Tables and Configurations.  Given the plethora of LISP's and other kinds of AutoCAD custom programs out there, there's gotta be a way to get what I want.  Anyone have any ideas (I can pay for any kind of successful consultancy)??

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: neeboy74

Have you tried to make the drawing as a dynamic block?

If you make it the right way it is possible to simply change a load of parameters like length, radius, angle and array trough the property menu.

Message 3 of 4
stevor

Anything you can draw, you can make  a sequence of commands to do the same, by several 'language' methods.

Autolisp is simply the easiest to make it adjustable, aka parametric.

So, post a shape and the adjustable dimentions.

And see what is returned.

S
Message 4 of 4
neeboy74

Yes, actually I just discovered about an hour ago that Dynamic blocks are probably the way to go.  Now if I can just figure out how to get the darn attributes out of ACAD and into Excel.  I've tried setting up a very simple file with just one line, and made that a dynamic block with what I thought was a Distance attribute, but when I try to use the ATTOUT command, it tells me that there's nothing exportable.  Feel free to look at the attached file!  Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost