Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization

Distinguished Contributor
Redraiderr2009
Message 1 of 2 (100 Views)

Updating Plot Configurations

100 Views, 1 Replies
03-25-2009 07:58 AM
Hello All,
I hope someone can take the mystery out of these plot configurations.The problem is now some of those page setups are changing. Say we got a new plotter or just new drivers.
I would like the current page setup names the same but update the settings.
What I usually do is this:
1. Delete all the page setups by using the vla-delete (I know this method is not endorsed by the help menu)
2. Import the new page setups with the same configuration name
This is the problem: Now I have plot configurations with the right settings but they are not applied to the layout. I cannot seem to find a way to "get" and "put" plot configs to a layout. Is this possible? I need to see if the plot config name is applied to a layout. If the plot config on the layout meets my conditions then apply the new plot config to that layout.

Thanks,
-Russell

[begin code]
;;; Plot Configuration Import

(vl-load-com)

;;; get preferences files for printer locations
(setq PI:ACAD_FILES (vla-get-files (vla-get-preferences (vlax-get-acad-object))))

;;; get acitve document
(setq *ACAD_DOCUMENT* (vla-get-activedocument(vlax-get-acad-object)))

;;; ======= plot configurations in the drawing =========================================
;;; ======= plot configurations are the page setups for the drawing. ===================
(vlax-for PI:EA_PLOT_CONFIGURATION (vla-get-plotconfigurations *ACAD_DOCUMENT*)

;;; I can delete them but if the page setup is applied to the layout it will remain ==
;;; I know they took this method out of the help file because it leaves the remnants =
;;; of the plot configs that have been associated with the layouts.

;;; (vla-delete PI:smileytongue:AGESETUPS)
(vlax-dump-object PI:EA_PLOT_CONFIGURATION)
);_end vlax-for

;;; ======= These plot configs are paper space only =====================================
;;; ======= I can get the layout but I can't seem to find the ==========================
;;; ======= plot configurations associated with the layout. =============================
;;; ======= I need to override the exisiting plot cofigurations associcated. ============
;;; ======= with the layout. ============================================================
;;; ======= It is looking like I need to copy all the settings from the =================
;;; ======= plot configurations and change each one in the layout since I can't update===
;;; ======= it like a block when it is overridden. ======================================
(vlax-for PI:EA_LAYOUT (vla-get-layouts *ACAD_DOCUMENT*)
(if
(not (= (strcase (vla-get-name PI:EA_LAYOUT)) "MODEL"))
(PROGN
(vlax-dump-object PI:EA_LAYOUT)
)
)
);_end vlax-for

[end code]
Distinguished Contributor
Redraiderr2009
Message 2 of 2 (100 Views)

Re: Updating Plot Configurations

03-25-2009 01:12 PM in reply to: Redraiderr2009
To make it easier to understand I need to be able to read the name of the page setup associated with the layout. Once all page setups are deleted I need to find out which page setup was used. Or read them before they are deleted. Find the attached image to see what I mean. There is no more 24x36-L-Full-Bond pagesetups.
Thanks,
-Russell
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.