Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization

Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization

Valued Mentor
SomeBuddy
Message 51 of 53 (282 Views)

Re: Updates to Autodesk Discussion Groups

06-23-2010 01:46 PM in reply to: wrighte

I know about the ZIP alternative  Eric, but I've found this DCL issue to be very goofy!

Regards

Mentor
Steve_Johnson
Message 52 of 53 (249 Views)

06-27-2010 07:51 PM in reply to: wrighte

wrighte wrote:

.dcl added to allowed types.  Good suggestion.  

Maybe you should have considered user testing the new forum software? Who knows, one of them may have provided you with a useful set of allowed file extensions, such as .dcl. They may have also provided you with a wealth of other useful feedback about the forum software that you could have taken into account. They might even advised you to choose different software altogether, if they had just happened to notice in passing that this one sucks. That way, maybe you could have avoided inflicting this regurgitated dog's breakfast on your customers.

Just a thought. :smileysad:

Steve Johnson - blog nauseam - ClassicArray
*Expert Elite*
Kent1Cooper
Message 53 of 53 (189 Views)

07-21-2010 01:42 PM in reply to: wrighte

Please get rid of graphic-image emoticons.

Given the common use of colons in AutoLisp functions, such as the command-name argument in (defun), and the fact that colons can also be used in other ways such as in variable names, it is really stupid that certain combinations of colons with other characters trigger dumb little faces.  What do we need those for, on a forum like this?  If people want to use emoticons in their message content outside code portions, I imagine they will settle for the old text-characters-only versions. 8^(

Yes, I have my "Emoticon type" set to "None," so when I'm Signed In, I don't see them.  But even I sometimes check into the website and look at some things without necessarily signing in, and am therefore victimized by them.  And anyone who isn't registered is out of luck, with no way to know what should go in the code there instead, unless they happen to know which emoticon represents which character combination [I just posted a Translator, to tide us over, and to soon become obsolete, I hope].

It wouldn't be so bad if, when content that includes them is copied and pasted into a plain-text editor like Notepad, the colon-and-character combinations were restored.  But they're not -- they're just missing.

Kent Cooper
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.