Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Use STL.lsp

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
waldoo
3270 Views, 5 Replies

Unable to Use STL.lsp

In AutoCAD 2013 it works well but not in AutoCAD 2014. Somebody know why ?

When i try with the command "appload" doesn't work, The message is "Unable to load STL.LSP file"

Thx

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: waldoo

Can you post this lisp? Is this the Steel shapes tool that has about a dozen other support files that go with it by chance?
Message 3 of 6
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:
Can you post this lisp? Is this the Steel shapes tool that has about a dozen other support files that go with it by chance?

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume, for any who would like to try it and look for any reason(s) for the problem, that it's either this or the later metric version of the same.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 6
BlackBox_

FWIW - 

AutoCAD 2014 may also be introducing a few of its own issues... Namely AutoCAD Security.

I do not use Startup Suite personally (I've always found it to be faulty), but if AutoCAD Security is not configured properly, it could either be preventing the LISP from being loaded, or perhaps (not sure) the dependent DCL dialog it uses. 

I know AutoCAD Security manages executable files (i.e., .LSP, .FAS, .VLX, .DLL, .ARX, etc.), but I'm really unsure how it handles DCL files.

In any event... *IF* AutoCAD Security has anything to do with this, this post may be of use:

Re: Enable LISP in AutoCAD 2014 

Cheers

"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Message 5 of 6
waldoo

The problem was the security ... i added the directory who the lisp file is in the "Trusted Locations" that we found in the config commnad in autocad and now the lisp works well.

Thx everyone

Message 6 of 6
BlackBox_

@Anonymous wrote:

The problem was the security ... i added the directory who the lisp file is in the "Trusted Locations" that we found in the config commnad in autocad and now the lisp works well.

Thx everyone

I do not speak for others, but I'd venture the guess that both pendean, and Kent would agree with my saying that you're welcome, and that we're happy to help.

Cheers

"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost