Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trim then join polylines LISP?!! Help.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
fourty9ers4life
2302 Views, 6 Replies

Trim then join polylines LISP?!! Help.

I've been looking to download a lisp that can trim (TR) and the (PE, join) polylines. two at a time or multiple... I've tried writing the lisp routine but I cannot do it correctly.. Anyone out there know of a good lisp routine? Also, if there's one to trim & fillet w/a radius.. Hopefully there's two different routines but if there's one then even better...

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

@fourty9ers4life wrote:

I've been looking to download a lisp that can trim (TR) and the (PE, join) polylines. two at a time or multiple... I've tried writing the lisp routine but I cannot do it correctly.. Anyone out there know of a good lisp routine? Also, if there's one to trim & fillet w/a radius.. Hopefully there's two different routines but if there's one then even better...

If I understand what you're trying to do, doesn't ordinary Fillet do that?  [It may be version-dependent.]  If you're not talking about trimming Polylines using each other as cutting boundaries, and then joining the results, an image or drawing showing before and after conditions would help.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 7

Yes, I guess I'm actually looking for fillet plus "unlimited trim then join"... I use fillet it a lot, but instead of doing 10 times for a shape, I would like to use one command to fillet & join multiple lines/pl's/arcs etc....

Message 4 of 7
3wood
in reply to: fourty9ers4life

You can also quickly create a new polyline inside with BPOLY and erase old lines/arcs

Message 5 of 7

@fourty9ers4life wrote:

Yes, I guess I'm actually looking for fillet plus "unlimited trim then join"... I use fillet it a lot, but instead of doing 10 times for a shape, I would like to use one command to fillet & join multiple lines/pl's/arcs etc....

Ahhh, Arcs....  That's going to kill the option of doing it with Fillet, anyway, since unfortunately you can't Fillet a Polyline with an Arc, nor until recent versions a Polyline arc segment with a Line or other Polyline.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 6 of 7

@fourty9ers4life wrote:

...I'm actually looking for fillet plus "unlimited trim then join"... I use fillet it a lot, but instead of doing 10 times for a shape, I would like to use one command to fillet & join multiple lines/pl's/arcs etc....

If all the component parts always extend beyond their intersections with other components, without also crossing something else outside the desired shape, I can imagine a way to do it --  select objects, make a list of all their start and end points, use Trim with all of them as the cutting boundaries and all of those start and end points as what-to-trim-off points, and then Pedit to join them all together.  If not [e.g. some components may already meet at their ends and not need Trimming], I think it it would get a lot more complicated, but might still be possible.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 7 of 7
fourty9ers4life
in reply to: 3wood

I use Bpoly a lot as well... There's just a lot of times where this lisp would come in handy..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost