Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPalette Infinite Loop

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
aksaks
411 Views, 1 Reply

TPalette Infinite Loop

I am working in 2010 palettes where some of the palette commands issue TPNaviagte commands manipulating the tool palette structure. So for example some of the palette choices might flip to a specific palette. Some might set the palette to a specific group. This works most of the time but sometimes AutoCAD goes into an infinte loop where it appears from the messages flying by in the command window that the same palette command is executing over and over as fast as the system will let it.

Still laughing? It is sometimes possible to recover from this by killing the AutoCAD session in with the Windows Task Manager. AutoCAd is hard to kill when this is happening. Usually revovery is impossible as AutoCAD will seem like it has come back to life (even though task manager was told to kill it) but then it resort back to the loop on any command issuance. 

Has anyone seen this before or have a specific way of handling TPNavigate commands within palettes? I am thinking that perhaps the mouse click events are sticking around for the next palette to think is click on itself. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
aksaks
in reply to: aksaks

I still see this happening every now and then and not always on the same palette command or machine. Nor does it happen only to a TPNaviagte command. It also occurs in 2012. One of the messages flying by is executetool or something like that.

The behavior is as if the mouse click sticks around. I wonder if AutoCAD is taking an ending character in the tool's command line, perhaps a space, and thinking it is another keypress on the tool's control to restart the command.

There is some combination of mouse clicks and esc keypress timing, I don't know exactly which because I'm trying everyting under the sun to break out of it, for more than five minutes, that can force AutoCAD to start another command. Having another command start will break the cycle.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost