Toggle mnemonic -underline doesn't show

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
angiegauthier
1316 Views, 6 Replies

Toggle mnemonic -underline doesn't show

Hi Everyone.

Something really strange is happening with my dialog boxes. I have several programs that use dialog boxes and they are called up from a menu I've added. When I call the program from the menu, most of the time, the underline on the toggles don't show up. If I type in the command line to load it, then they do show up. And I just had a co-worker call it up from the menu, and they showed up, and then the next time she called it up, it didn't.

It's not a big deal, but I wonder if anyone knows what's going on?

Angie

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi Angie,

Is your Windows OS set to show the Underlines?

In XP: Control Panel-->Display-->Appearance tab. Click the Effects button. Uncheck "Hide underlined letters for keyboard navigation until I press the Alt key"

Mike Partenheimer

Message 3 of 7

Would never have thought of that. That's what it was.

Thanks!

Angie

Message 4 of 7
DavesterT
in reply to: angiegauthier

I have windows 8.  How would I do it with this OS?

Message 5 of 7

According to superuser.com,

1. Press the Win + u keys to open the Ease of Access Center.

2. Click the Make the keyboard easier to use link.

3. Enable the Underline keyboard shortcuts and access keys option and press OK to finish.

Message 6 of 7

Thanks that got it

Message 7 of 7

This solution solved my problem, however, I don't understand something.

I experienced the exact same thing as the OP.  When I called my dcl manually from the command line, the underscores showed up.  When I called the dcl from my lisp routine, the underscores generally did NOT show up...but sometimes they DID show up.

It seems like if that Win setting was the reason, it would either always show or always NOT show.  Why would the display of the underscores be generally unpredictable with the "underline access keys" turned off?  That does not make sense...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost