Did you mean: 

Text Won't Wrap in "AutoCAD Text Window"

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
kpennell
903 Views, 4 Replies

Text Won't Wrap in "AutoCAD Text Window"

When I click on an object to retrieve it's extended data, the data keeps writing to the right, it does not return to the next line, when the text approaches the end of the screen.  Very difficult to analyze information.

Anyone know of a setting?  I've attached a screen shot to explain my dilemma.

Thanks

KP

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Lee_Mac
in reply to: kpennell

To my knowledge, this is the standard behaviour of the text window in AutoCAD 2013 onwards (maybe 2012 also) - I'm not aware of any setting to enable wrapping in the text window.

To offer an alternative for viewing entity DXF data in a legible format, my Entity List utility may be of interest.

Lee

Message 3 of 5
kpennell

It did not behave in this manner in 2012.

This totally sucks.

I tried your utility and I really like it.  Good work.  Love how it's so easy to count which one in the list you want to retrieve.

May I ask the difference in "ee" and "eex"?  With a qleader, they returned the same information.

Thanks again,

KP

Message 4 of 5
Lee_Mac

@kpennell wrote:

It did not behave in this manner in 2012.

This totally sucks.

I agree - this is one new feature that I also don't like.

@kpennell wrote:

I tried your utility and I really like it.  Good work.  Love how it's so easy to count which one in the list you want to retrieve.

Thank you - I'm glad you like it! Smiley Happy

Credit should also go to Michael Puckett, as he provided the inspiration for the program.

@kpennell wrote:

May I ask the difference in "ee" and "eex"?  With a qleader, they returned the same information.

The ee command will retrieve the DXF data for primary entities, whereas eex will retrieve the DXF data for nested entities (objects within blocks / xrefs etc). If eex is used on a primary object with no nested entities, it will return the same as ee (you can of course change the command names to suit your preferences - ee & eex are quick for me).

Lee

Message 5 of 5
kpennell

"New Feature"?  wow, I'm not seeing how this is preferred.

Thanks again to you, and thanks to Michael Puckett.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost