Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table object nukes block inserts upon entmod - help

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
royboy666
286 Views, 0 Replies

Table object nukes block inserts upon entmod - help

I just finished what I thought would be a simple routine that turned into an absolute monster. Basically I have a routine that asks for a key code (or a series of them or a selection set form the drawing). Searches an external database, then automatically fills in a table then sorts it, works like a charm (props to the author of ADOlisp for the routines backbone).

After I finally completed this, I figured I would add a block of the company logo to spruce it up in the last row which is a title cell, I have text, then the logo to the right of it. Run the routine, block gone, vanquished. I peruse the entget list of the table ,no block insert list. It is not even in the list of a table object that HAS a block inserted. So then I look at the the block definition of the table, code 2, do the entget entnexts, and there it is, next in line right after the mtext listing for the last text in the last cell of the table, right where it should be, then the "line" entries begin for all the lines in the table. 

So I went this far, I said screw it, I will entmod my table, THEN I will entmod a mtext place holder I added to the table which would be the last mtext in the tables block list, I simply substituted out the entity name of the "mtext" holder into a new list that would be an "insert" list obtained earlier from the table when selected before the block gets nuked. Did entmod, got nil, meaning it did not like it.

I even went as far as entmaking the entire table block definition inserting the "insert" lisitng in the appropriate place, no go, entmake wont do it if there is nested blocks, which now I realize that it treats each mtext object as a block.

Any thoughts, and why is a block insert NOT included in the tables entity list, it is in the cell, there should be some reference to it, but there is nothing ?

Thanks in advance

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost