Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support File Search Path

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
382 Views, 1 Reply

Support File Search Path

Some of our 64-bit users lose their custom Support File Search Paths.

After reading about it, I saw that I could add them back in by putting

(setenv "ACAD" "S:\\Fonts;S:\\Acad2007\\Hatch_Patterns;S:\\Acad2007\\Lisp;S:\\Acad2007\\Simpson\\Menu;”)

at the end of acad2013.lsp.

1.  However, I get malformed string on input error in AutoCAD.

2.  My other question is do I need to list only the custom paths or all of the built-in paths as well?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
BlackBox_
in reply to: Anonymous

First observations I'd offer for your consideration, is to NOT use any Acad20##*.lsp file as these are reserved for the application, and as of AutoCAD 2013 SP1? must reside in a specific folder in order for the built-in mechanism to properly load them at startup.

AutoCAD provides two files reserved for the user / admin by way of Acad.lsp, and AcadDoc.lsp... The former being loaded once per session by default (see AcadLspAsDoc system variable), and the latter being loaded each time a Document is opened in the editor.

I would suggest that any checks, or modification to your SFSP be done within Acad.lsp, personally.

... More on the startup sequence here.

Now, when it comes to doing so, you must be mindful to both preserve the existing paths, and ensure that paths you're adding actually exist to avoid potential errors. 

If you're not confortable with editing the ACAD environment variable, or the Preferences.Files SupportPath Property, then I'd highly suggest you instead modify your custom Profile (.ARG), and perform a manual import.

Give us an idea which you're most comfortable with, and we can be more specific.

Cheers

"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost