Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Staying within the same command

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
FresnoCAD
190 Views, 1 Reply

Staying within the same command

I have been working on a Lisp routine that has similar characteristics to the offset: 'o' command in AutoCAD.

Since I don't have access to the actual lisp code of how they did that I was wondering

1.) How does the function keep track of distances specified (when reusing command) ?
2.) How do you stay in the command until canceled ?

Thanks in advance Message was edited by: FresnoCAD
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: FresnoCAD

Since you don't say what's similar to Offset about it, or what's different, or whether it uses
Offset itself but with variations, it's a little hard to say.

You can store a distance variable requested from the User, and offer it as a default value on
subsequent uses of the command, which the routine can use again if the User answers with Enter to
accept the default. You would find many examples of how to do that if you search the Newsgroup for
something like "default." But with Offset, or something very much like it, that can be more
complicated if you want the Through option available, in addition to plain numerical distance
values.

As for repeating, depending on how your routine is built, you might be able to use the Multiple
predecessor. Or if it's a macro-type menu item rather than a Lisp (defun) command, you can use the
*^C^C prefix to make it repeat continuously as long as the User wants to keep going.

--
Kent Cooper

wrote...
I have been working on a Lisp routine that has similar characteristics to the offset: 'o' command in
AutoCAD.

Since I don't have access to the actual lisp code of how they did that I was wondering

1.) How does the function keep track of distances specified (when reusing command) ?
2.) How do you stay in the command until canceled ?

Thanks in advance

Message was edited by: FresnoCAD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost