Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting LIMMIN and LIMMAX

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
Anonymous
1681 Views, 22 Replies

setting LIMMIN and LIMMAX

The below program works with AutoCAD 2000i, but not with AutoCAD 2005. How can I get this to work with A2K5.

Thanks.

(vlax-put (vla-get-display (vla-get-preferences (vlax-get-acad-object))) "LayoutDisplayPaper" 0)
(vlax-put (vla-get-display (vla-get-preferences (vlax-get-acad-object))) "LayoutDisplayMargins" 0)
(command "zoom" "extents")(command "limmin" (getvar "extmin"))(command "limmax" (getvar "extmax"))
Message was edited by: jclaidler
22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

will do.... I'll place it there.

Look for thread named "Limits File for Luis"
Message 22 of 23
Anonymous

jclaidler, > I know. Thats why I'm doing this in the program before setting the limits. > > (vlax-put (vla-get-display (vla-get-preferences (vlax-get-acad-object))) 'LayoutDisplayPaper 0) > (vlax-put (vla-get-display (vla-get-preferences (vlax-get-acad-object))) 'LayoutDisplayMargins 0) please try this: (setq preferences (vla-get-preferences (vlax-get-acad-object))) (vla-put-LayoutDisplayPaper (vla-get-display preferences) :vlax-false) (vla-put-LayoutDisplayMargins (vla-get-display preferences) :vlax-false) (vla-update (vlax-get-acad-object)) (vla-regen (vla-get-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object)) acActiveViewport) ;; then here we need to use a command call or probably a sendcommand inside of a editor reactor???... jclaidler, i'm still not being able to find a workaround... for the other part... the above will update those settings.... test was done on a2005. regards.
Message 23 of 23
cascadtx

The problem is the error message is misleading.  The error message says "Cannot set LIMMIN when paper margins or background are displayed."  You you won't find a 'paper margins' setting.  And you can change 'Display paper background' all you want, but it won't change anything.  Now, unchecking 'Display printable area'?  THAT will allow the limits to be editable in paper space when you also uncheck 'Display paper background'.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost