Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequential Attribute Numbering

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
IanH5033
449 Views, 7 Replies

Sequential Attribute Numbering

Can anyone help with the attached Lisp file? I was passed it some years ago by a colleague, it's used for sequentially numbering lockers in changing rooms etc.

It works very well with the locker blocks in plan view,  but when used on elevations it numbers from the bottom to the top instead of top to bottom. I have little Lisp experience but looking at the file I think it's supposed to ask for input to determine whether it works 'floor to ceiling' or 'ceiling to floor' but the only prompts are - 'Start No.' and then it asks for points.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, re-numbering 20-30 lockers manually is no fun.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
hmsilva
in reply to: IanH5033

The code you have attached was commented, try the attached one.

HTH

Henrique

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
3wood

You can try attached ALTEXT.vlx which provides different ways to rename numbers in sequence.

Please refer to https://sites.google.com/site/cadkits/home/altext for detailed usage.

Message 4 of 8
IanH5033
in reply to: hmsilva

Thanks for tidying it up, Henrique, but it seems to be stuck on 'floor to ceiling'. It prompts for the choice but doesn't change the sequence.

Message 5 of 8
hmsilva

@IanH5033 wrote:

Thanks for tidying it up, Henrique, but it seems to be stuck on 'floor to ceiling'. It prompts for the choice but doesn't change the sequence.

Sorry I  had not read all the code, the code just honors the selected order...

Henrique

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
IanH5033
in reply to: hmsilva

I've just discovered the problem! The re-numbering sequence follows the sequence of attribute insertions, by ensuring that the attributes are inserted from the top down (they were bottom up previously for some peculiar reason) everything works fine.

Sorry for wasting your time.

Message 7 of 8
hmsilva

@IanH5033 wrote:

I've just discovered the problem! The re-numbering sequence follows the sequence of attribute insertions, by ensuring that the attributes are inserted from the top down (they were bottom up previously for some peculiar reason) everything works fine.

Sorry for wasting your time.

You're welcome, Ian

Glad you got a solution, but,

the re-numbering follows the sequence of attribute selection, when the code asks to "pick start point: " it will be the first selected block, and then "next point: "... those points are kept in a list to be used in a selection set using the fence mode and the code will re-number the attributes following the selection sequence, to test it, try to select a few blocks from the left to the right, and then select the same blocks from the right to the left, did you see the difference...

Henrique

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
stevor

If you have a lot of such renumberings to do,

there are further steps to automate

the selection of each Insert or Attribute.

The same for simply verifying their geographic order;

and their groups, or rows;

And for doing the accounting.

PS: avoid any complied code, VLX or FAS,

unless you know exactly what is in them.

S

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost