Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCRIPT FOR CHANGING DRAWING PROPERTIES

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
debbiewhite7894
1544 Views, 4 Replies

SCRIPT FOR CHANGING DRAWING PROPERTIES

I'M LOOKING FOR A SCRIPT THAT CAN CHANGE THE SAME DRAWING PROPERTY IN SEVERAL DRAWINGS AT ONCE, BY FOLDER.

debbie.white @urscorp.com
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
lgabriel
in reply to: debbiewhite7894

Can you provide which drawing property(ies) you are referring to.

The easiest thing to do is create an ascii file list the name of the drawing files you wish to change (include full path).

I can create an AutoLIsp program which will open the flat file, read each line, open the drawing file and make the drawing property change, save, close and then read the next line in the file and repeat until the entire ascii file has been read.

Message 3 of 5
aqdam1978

hi,

see my sample here!

hope to help!

Message 4 of 5
aloksxn.csd
in reply to: lgabriel

@lgabriel wrote:

Can you provide which drawing property(ies) you are referring to.

The easiest thing to do is create an ascii file list the name of the drawing files you wish to change (include full path).

I can create an AutoLIsp program which will open the flat file, read each line, open the drawing file and make the drawing property change, save, close and then read the next line in the file and repeat until the entire ascii file has been read.

Can you please post the script that you are talking about. I am still learning and it will be of great help. An example file of the ascii file and the drawing properties that you will be changing will surely help a lot. Thanks a lot

Message 5 of 5
DannyNL

The Express Tools in AutoCAD have a command PROPULATE to do exactly what you want.

See link below for help on PROPULATE:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2018/ENU/?guid=GUID-BD03320F-3430-4C2F-80A3-AAC1167AF019

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost