Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ribbon button image won't repopulate after modifying bitmap image

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
gmallory
499 Views, 1 Reply

Ribbon button image won't repopulate after modifying bitmap image

I am updating my CUI ribbon for some of my customized buttons.  I have changed some of the bitmap images that I have saved in my network folder for the network AutoCAD customization.  However, I cannot get the Ribbon to update to show the new button images.  

I have opened the CUI, browsed down to the partial CUI for our corporate configuration, then to the "Ribbon", then to the "Tabs", then to the individual section of the tab and clicked on it.  Then I click on the specific button in the "Panel Preview" pane to get the properties for that button to show.  Then at the bottom of the "Properties" panel, I click on the "Small Image" line to see the three dots that allow you to browse to where the .bmp is stored.  I have not renamed the bitmaps, but just modified their color and the way they look.  So I have to change the .bmp file to a different location in the small image properties, then change it back to the correct image name.  It will update the appearance in the "Panel Preview", but will not update the actual ribbon.  I click on "Apply" and "OK", and it still doesn't update the actual ribbon.  I have tried closing and restarting AutoCAD after that, but that didn't help.  As a last resort, I rebooted to see if that would complete the change, but that did not help either.

I made sure that the network location for the bitmap files is listed in my Options > Support File Search Path (very near the top of the support file list), but that still isn't solving the problem.

Any thoughts on how to get AutoCAD to completely forget the old image that is showing on the ribbon and repopulate it with the updated bitmap image?

The strange thing is that one image actually did stay updated while the others will not.  (Very weird) Smiley Frustrated

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
scot-65
in reply to: gmallory

Look inside the folder where your CUI menu is located.
There you will find a MNR of the same name.
Delete this MNR.
Menu Resource is the file that "remembers" your display settings, which includes a copy of all the bitmap images, which toolbars are visible, etc...
Restart AutoCAD and a new MNR is created.
🙂

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost