Did you mean: 

retreive cell data from excel file

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
spykat
959 Views, 6 Replies

retreive cell data from excel file

I would like to be able to retreive data from a sepcified cell, in a specified worksheet, from an excel file.

I don't have any clue how to connect to an excel file and read the data. I've searched the forum and found nothing that help me understand. Most seems to think you already had an understanding but I'm starting from the beginning.

Can somebody help me?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: spykat

You need to use the Link to range option from the data link options while trying to create a table.  See attached.

Message 3 of 7
Lee_Mac

This by Terry Miller may help you.

Message 4 of 7
spykat
in reply to: Anonymous

I guess I should have stated that I need to do it from lisp

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

No problem!  The better information you provide up front, the better help you will get.  As they say in this business "There are several ways to skin a kat".  You just have to find the one that works best for you.

Message 6 of 7
ebpCAD18

I'm trying to do something similar but just for select cells in excel to show its info in either an Mtext or attribute definition format and not in a table.  I'm not sure if this is possible.  Specifically I would like to do is link information from my information sheet (like project name or location) directly into the title block in the corresponding location.  The idea was that if i was able to use a relative path that I would do this in each job folder and each drawing generated in that folder would reflect that info.  I'm trying to create this in LT, so without a LISP program.

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 7 of 7
mttlp

vlax apply line error

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost