Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset ordinate dimension jog/text position

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
DRoam
1595 Views, 6 Replies

Reset ordinate dimension jog/text position

Is there any way to select several ordinate dimensions and reset their jog to zero so the text is directly above/below the measured point?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
john.vellek
in reply to: DRoam

Hi @DRoam,

I am curious if the Dimstyle Update will do this for you. Do you have a sample drawing with some ordinate dimensions in it that I can test for you?

Capture.PNG

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 7
john.vellek

HI @DRoam,

DO you have a moment to attach a sample file? I would like to make sure that I can get this to work with your dimstyle.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 4 of 7
DRoam
in reply to: john.vellek

@john.vellek, thanks very much for your help, sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Attached is a 2016 DWG with some jogged ordinate dimensions that I copied from one of our drawings. I'd like to keep the measurement point the same and remove the jog/reset the text to immediately above the measurement point.

Message 5 of 7
john.vellek

Hi @DRoam,

I have played with this a bit by modifying dimstyles but since I don't use Ordinate Dimensions very often I am pretty rusty. It is easy to hide the extension lines but to reset the alignment is tricky. I did find one app in the Autodesk App Store that MIGHT do this. Otherwise, I suggest a visit to the customization forum. I can move this thread there if you like.

I'm sorry I don't have a ready answer.

John Vellek

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

You can set jog angle value in Radius jog dimension.

But it can only decide value 5 to 90.

jog.jpg

To text locate above/below the measured point as horizontally, Follow below image red box set.

text.jpg

Message 7 of 7
Ranjit_Singh2

@DRoam wrote:

Is there any way to select several ordinate dimensions and reset their jog to zero so the text is directly above/below the measured point?

Maybe start like this and work all the properties as needed

(defun c:somefunc  ( / etdata)
 (foreach i  (vl-remove-if 'listp (mapcar 'cadr (ssnamex (ssget '((0 . "dimension"))))))
  (entmod (subst (cons 14 (cdr (assoc 13 (setq etdata (entget i))))) (assoc 14 etdata) etdata)))
 (princ))

reset_ordinate_dims.gif

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost