Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset Autocad 2006 settings like 2013

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
angiegauthier
967 Views, 3 Replies

Reset Autocad 2006 settings like 2013

We have a big issue where half our users can't open autocad. We have half running 2013 and half running 2006. For our 2013 users we've gone to our start menu and reset settings to default. and then just re-loaded our custom menus. How can I reset Autocad 2006 to default if I can't open Autocad?

I need help fast as we need to get people up and running.

thanks

Angie

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi all,

So we are all up and running now, but I'd like to see if anyone knows why we have issues. It seems to happen when we run different versions of autocad. I wonder if when I create cui files (cuix files for those running 2013) if there is something I should be doing in a different way. What is the proper procedure to add customization when you have users running different autocad versions?

Angie

Message 3 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: angiegauthier

Between that many versions, its best to have separate files for each version.  With only a version or two separating them, and inside the same compatibility group e.g. 2010/11/12 sharing might be possible, and even practical.  Its a good idea to wipe the slate clean periodically to get new tools and work processes into play, and version updates are a good place to do this.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 4
scot-65
in reply to: angiegauthier

Look into DefaultFormatForSave.

It is an setenv setting.

Ours is set to "24".

???

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost