Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ready to attempt the next step beyond LISP

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
149 Views, 5 Replies

Ready to attempt the next step beyond LISP

I have been using AutoLISP for 18 years and VisualLISP for 6. Now I guess it's time to jump into Visual Basic for the next step. Which version would you gurus recommend and why? Visual Basic .NET Standard Visual Basic .NET Professional
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I thought ARX was the next step 🙂 Personally, I'm going to start learning C++ and Visual Basic. C++ I believe is the root of ARX. It's a lower level development system, but it's good. I would learn visual basic, but I'm wondering how to use in AutoCAD? A lisp you simply load via appload, but what about a visual basic? Devin
Message 3 of 6
EC-CAD

Devin,
Type in:
vbaide

Bob
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

OK you're just making this too easy 🙂 I need a little struggle here, could you please respond in a more elusive nature, just kidding. Thanks ECCAD, Devin
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Learn .Net, with that you can use any of the mentioned. "Alan Henderson" wrote in message news:405eeee6_3@newsprd01... > I have been using AutoLISP for 18 years and VisualLISP for 6. > Now I guess it's time to jump into Visual Basic for the next step. > > Which version would you gurus recommend and why? > Visual Basic .NET Standard > Visual Basic .NET Professional > > >
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

And, as I understand, 2005 allows the creation of commands from VB.net - avoiding the lisp wrapper required with both vba and vb. Mike Weaver "Rudy Tovar" wrote in message news:405f34be$1_2@newsprd01... > Learn .Net, with that you can use any of the mentioned. > > > "Alan Henderson" wrote in message > news:405eeee6_3@newsprd01... > > I have been using AutoLISP for 18 years and VisualLISP for 6. > > Now I guess it's time to jump into Visual Basic for the next step. > > > > Which version would you gurus recommend and why? > > Visual Basic .NET Standard > > Visual Basic .NET Professional > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost