Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R2014 Save a cuiX to a cui - is it possible?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
scot-65
2715 Views, 4 Replies

R2014 Save a cuiX to a cui - is it possible?

I transferred some shortcut keys to a new cui file.

This is all that I need to transfer to another workstation (R2009).

Heck, I would enterprise the menu if need be.

R2014 will not let me save this as a CUI.

How does one save a cuiX to a CUI?

Search was no help.

scot-65

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: scot-65

Hi Scot-65

Well, a .CUIX file is essentially a zipped file ... rename the CUIX extension to ZIP and  open it with winZip or winrar.

You will then have access to the separate .CUI files compressed inside (along with all the other menu components' files). It's messy but you can get in there.

Incidentally, you can save a .CUI to a MNU - search on here for: CUI to MNU.vlx and you should find the link to download it in a thread. I just used that last week on an r2013 CUIX > CUI > MNU and it worked just fine!

good luck!

-muddy

Message 3 of 5
scot-65
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks, I'll see if 7z will work also.
Yes, I did grab that CUI to MNU program when it was posted a while back... however I do not plan on editing MNU's anymore. First object XML editor helps me out as well.

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: scot-65

Thanks for the heads-up about First Object! .... I think I'll check into that today, myself -- it's getting harder to keep control of legacy menus nowadays messing around with the MNU 🙂

- muddy

Message 5 of 5
scot-65
in reply to: Anonymous

Once I got past the part where inside the CUI one first defines a command inside the bottom-left pane before populating it into the other areas, I became more proficient with the CUI editor... It also helped that since R2006 the editor has improved GREATLY.

Scot-65

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost