Did you mean: 

"text" command not inserting in correct location

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mlittlewood
173 Views, 4 Replies

"text" command not inserting in correct location

Hi all,

I have a rough and ready LISP i've been working on that creates a grid for topographical surveys, it prompts the user to select the SW and NE corners of the grid they want, then draws a rectangle, fills the rectangle with a grid of crosses (as blocks) then adds text on each side at regular intervals showing the Easting and Northing values

It used to work just fine, but for some reason now it doesn't insert the Easting / Northing text in the correct place, i haven't changed the main body of the program and it functions fine up until it trys to insert the text.

any ideas? please see attached lisp - i have changed the line that inserts the block "S061" so that it inserts a circle instead, so that it should run and repeat what it's doing on any computer...
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mlittlewood

Hi,

Did you check your osnap mode ?
Message 3 of 5
mlittlewood

i did think it might have had something to do with osnap, as they were all lining up at the endpoints and midpoints of the rectangle, however i always test any variation of the program on a freshly opened drawing from my survey template, as i hadn't changed this i assumed it wasn't osnap

however, if i switch osnap off it now works fine, looks like i was wrong - i will add osnap to the backup variables and hopefully it should work

thanks!
Message 4 of 5
mlittlewood

to confirm; it works perfectly now

thanks again
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Glad it works,

You have encountered a classical trap...

Have a good day !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost