Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Rescale Blocks/Text" command?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
deltacoolguy
806 Views, 10 Replies

"Rescale Blocks/Text" command?

Does anyone know of, or have, a "Rescale Blocks/Text" LISP routine?  Aka "newscal2".

Apparently, this command did not make it into Civil 3d, and it is one that I seriously miss.

Thanks.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pbejse
in reply to: deltacoolguy

@deltacoolguy wrote:

Does anyone know of, or have, a "Rescale Blocks/Text" LISP routine?  Aka "newscal2".

Apparently, this command did not make it into Civil 3d, and it is one that I seriously miss.

Thanks.

Please explain to  those of us thats clueless as to what the routine "Rescale Blocks/Text" does.

Message 3 of 11
jbonin
in reply to: deltacoolguy

Rescale was the ability to increase or decrease blocks and text size (scale up or down) while maintaining the same coordinate system. It was wonderful for blocks and text that was not annotative. There is no way to do it now without picking the individual blocks, selecting similar and increasing their size via the Properties Manager. I am currently working with a drawing that has, maybe 50 different blocks and I will have to do them individually (per block name), One step...Rescale would have handled it. Bummer....

Message 4 of 11
pbejse
in reply to: jbonin

@jbonin wrote:

Rescale was the ability to increase or decrease blocks and text size (scale up or down) while maintaining the same coordinate system. It was wonderful for blocks and text that was not annotative. There is no way to do it now without picking the individual blocks, selecting similar and increasing their size via the Properties Manager. I am currently working with a drawing that has, maybe 50 different blocks and I will have to do them individually (per block name), One step...Rescale would have handled it. Bummer....

Doesnt sound that difficult to me. Unfortunately i'm on "observer" mode .Other forum members who are "C3Ders" can probably help you out. Or you can explain more to us. a sample drawing or image perhaps?

Message 5 of 11
jbonin
in reply to: pbejse

It mostly becomes a problem when working with old drawings, client provided drawings, non-Civil 3D drawings, basically blocks that were not created at 1:1. My drawing is 1"=40'. Some of the blocks are at a scale of 40, some are 3.5, some 9. Just can't typr in rescale and scale by reference 40 to 30, you have to select each block, select similar, check the scale and adjuct proportionally. It took me probably 1.5 hr. when 1 step would have taken care of it.

Dumb.

I MISS Rescale.

Message 6 of 11
pbejse

@jbonin wrote:

It mostly becomes a problem when working with old drawings, client provided drawings, non-Civil 3D drawings, basically blocks that were not created at 1:1. My drawing is 1"=40'. Some of the blocks are at a scale of 40, some are 3.5, some 9. Just can't typr in rescale and scale by reference 40 to 30, you have to select each block, select similar, check the scale and adjuct proportionally. It took me probably 1.5 hr. when 1 step would have taken care of it.

Dumb.

I MISS Rescale.

Not sure, but i think with the proper tool it can be done. Throwing in a little math in there should do the trick.

I miss Krispy kreme donuts Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
hmsilva

As the pBe said:

" i'm on "observer" mode .Other forum members who are "C3Ders"

I also do not use the "C3D", but perhaps the BSCALE and the TSCALE commands, do the trick...

hope that helps
Henrique

EESignature

Message 8 of 11
jbonin
in reply to: pbejse

LOL!

Message 9 of 11
jbonin
in reply to: hmsilva

I will give it a try, Thank you!

Message 10 of 11
jbonin
in reply to: hmsilva

Thank you! That seems to be a good workaround!

Message 11 of 11
hmsilva

You're welcome, jbonin
Glad I could help

Henrique

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost