Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program hangs up for no apparent reason.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
326 Views, 4 Replies

Program hangs up for no apparent reason.

I have an AutoLISP program that hangs up for no apparent reason. I can run the program with an Alert in the loop. The program is a sheet generator, creating a border (insert with attributes), dimensions and MultiLeaders in Model Space, then a new Layout Tab is generated and the new elements are CHSPACEd into the new layout. An Alert temporarily halts the program once the task of a new Layout is created. In this form, the program works as designed. However, if I comment out the Alert, the program hangs up as if in an infinite loop. Also, hitting Escape does not cancel the AutoLISP, I must use Task Manager to end AutoCAD instead. My computer was recently upgraded to Win7 64-bit. I'm running 64-bit versions of software. (AutoCAD MAP 2011). What could possibly hang up my AutoLISP that a simple ALERT "fix"?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
stevor
in reply to: Anonymous

Where's the lisp?
S
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: stevor

Sorry, but the Lisp is around 800 lines long and dependant on AutoCAD Map 3D, a drawing file with LWPOLYLINES on a specific layer with specific Object Data attached. Also, the CAD file must have some dimension and multileader styles predfined as well as a certain title block. I'm busy producing drawings and don't have the time to make an example file for demonstration purposes at this time. Maybe I can get to this later. 

Message 4 of 5
hmsilva
in reply to: Anonymous

anim8er3,

Without seeing your code will be extremely difficult to provide any kind of help, and the only hypothesis that we have, is to guess!

anim8er3 wrote:

I'm busy producing drawings and don't have the time to make an example file for demonstration purposes at this time. Maybe I can get to this later. 

When you have some free time, and if you still need help, a sample file and some code, probably could help us helping you...

Henrique

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
bhull1985
in reply to: hmsilva

Yeah man be reasonable, take the time to attach the dwg with the appropriate information in it along with your description of the problem.

Something is awry for sure with how you described the problem but did you really expect someone to have a concise fix without a clear understanding of the issue, nor any actual data at all?

To say 'you can't' would likely be met with 'well then they can't' because frankly you didn't give enough information and as such have been wasting not only your time but the people who have attempted to help you, as you have requested.

Can't exactly do it blind though, but this does sound interesting, so do us all a favor and give info!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Please use code tags and credit where credit is due. Accept as solution, if solved. Let's keep it trim people!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost