I am trying to use "measure" command in LISP routine like:

(command "line" pt1 pt2 "")
(command "Measure" dist)

And I keep getting error as:

*Invalid selection*
Expects a single object.
Function cancelled
Select object to measure:

Can someone help me with this problem. What do I do wrong?

Also, where can I find some info. about switches when I use command line in LISP routine?

Thanks,

Rick
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Rick L.

You have to pick something to measure (that's what its message is about) before you tell it the measurement distance. (Do it "manually" in a drawing to be sure of what it's asking for, when.) You'll need an object-selection thing in there between invoking the Measure command and putting in the distance. Kent Cooper, AIA "Rick L." wrote... > I am trying to use "measure" command in LISP routine like: > > (command "line" pt1 pt2 "") > (command "Measure" dist) > > And I keep getting error as: > > *Invalid selection* > Expects a single object. > Function cancelled > Select object to measure: > > Rick
Message 3 of 5
Rick L.

Kent:

Thank you for replying to my message.

But does that error message mean more than one objects selected? Also, how do you put an "object-selection
thing in there between invoking the Measure command and putting in the distance"? not manually.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

If try you are going to use the line you just created: (command "line" pt1 pt2 "") (command "Measure" (entlast) dist) If you want a different entity: (command "Measure" (entsel) dist) The error message means the measure command was looking for an entity when you were supplying the distance. HTH, Jeff "Rick L." wrote in message news:7092299.1079045417190.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Kent: > > Thank you for replying to my message. > > But does that error message mean more than one objects selected? Also, how do you put an "object-selection > thing in there between invoking the Measure command and putting in the distance"? not manually.
Message 5 of 5
Rick L.

Thank you so much, Jeff. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost