Pop-error-mode with break-line and super hatch

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jdb
Enthusiast
1602 Views, 4 Replies

Pop-error-mode with break-line and super hatch

Hi,

I've just fired up AutoCAD 2015 and have come across an issue with the Break-line tool in the Express Tools.  When I click the icon in the ribbon I get the following message which I don't understand.

Command: breakline
(*pop-error-mode*) underflow.
Cannot invoke (command) from *error* without prior call to (*push-error-using-command*).
Converting (command) calls to (command-s) is recommended.

Can someone decipher this for me?

Thanks for your help.

Me again...I get the same message when I try to Super Hatch - both using the ribbon and also when I type the command in.

Thanks again.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
bakerrl2
in reply to: jdb

Autodesk has change the way the Command function works in AutoLisp 2015.  There are now two command functions: Command & Command-S.  The Command function works the way it did in the previous versions except when it is used in an *Error* function.  Before a Command function can be called in an *Error* function you have to call a (*push-error-using-command*) function before the (*Error*) function is called.  In addition, the program must call the(*pop-error-mode*) function after calling the (*push-error-using-command*) function before the program exits.

The alternative is to replace the Command Functions with Command-S functions in the AutoLisp code.  The main differences between the Command and Command-S functions is that the Command-S function can only execute one command at a time and the values necessary to completely execute the command must be provided in one Command-S function call.  The Command function allowed you to start a command by calling one Command function and then supplied the command values by calling additional Command functions.  The Command-S function can not do that.

I suspect that the Express Tool program was not modified to work with the new AutoLisp 2015 command and error handling functions so you are getting the error message.

For more information access the AutoLisp help and read up on the Command, Command-S and the Error-Handling Functions Reference.

Message 3 of 5
jdb
Enthusiast
in reply to: bakerrl2

Thank you for taking the time to respond.  Unfortunately this is so far over my head – meaning that I really don’t understand Lisp routines – that this doesn’t solve my problem.    What is weird is that sometimes it will work and sometimes it doesn’t.

I have no idea where the AutoLisp code is and I’m leery of messing it up.  Is there a work around?

Thank you again,

JDB

Message 4 of 5
TomFallon

Same error here in AutoCAD Architecture 2021.  Just trying to use the break line from the express tools, but I get that error.  I have not created nor do I know how to create any fancy lisp routines.

Message 5 of 5
ryan.champis

Same issue. Works a few times upon program start-up but shortly after I get the pop-error in my command line.

I'm using AutoCAD 2022.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost