Did you mean: 

Plotting multiple copies

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Poelman
233 Views, 2 Replies

Plotting multiple copies

Hello,

We created a sort of batchplot-program for Acad Mechanical 2000. This batchplot-program uses a sort of lisp-file.
This lisp-file gets its information out of another program called AM-Workflow. We want to plot multiple copies from one drawing. In AM-Workflow we can create variables to arrange this. We want to connect this variable into the plot-dialogbox of Autocad. Does anyone know the "multiple-plots" variable in the plot-dialogbox of Autocad, so that we can use this variable in a lisp-file.

Thanks.

Edwin
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Poelman

You can write a custom plot routine using the repeat function and pass the variable from AMWF to responde to the number of repeats. In the following sequence, I have a internal function called plotnum which sets the variable numplot via a dialog-box using doslib. The variable numplot is used to set the number of times to repeat. ((= plt1 "1") (laymod) (pltnum) (repeat numplt (command "-plot" "y" "model" "hp4v.pc3" "ANSI A (8.50 x 11.00 Inches)" "inches" "landscape" "y" "limits" "fit" "center" "yes" "Wvco 11X17.ctb" "y" "n" "n" "n" "y")))............plt1 is a variable to select printer,page size, and ctb. (laymod) sets/checks which layout it is in (different sequence of responses for ps and ms).
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Poelman

How are you lauching Autocad from AMWF? A good way is to define a function to lauch Autocad using a script. And in the script, specify the plotting stuff mentioned before or a created lisp. If you are plotting a selection set, it is best to run Autocad in SDI mode to prevent mulitple drawings from launching at the same time and allowing the script time to process. I don't use Acad Mech so I hope what I tell you helps. I had to deal with this already. The one "bug" I have found in printing using the Autocad environment from AMWF is when processing a selection set, it will print every other one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost