Did you mean: 

.PGP issue with 2015 AutoCad/Mechanical using DE

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
llorden4
595 Views, 12 Replies

.PGP issue with 2015 AutoCad/Mechanical using DE

Got one here stumping me and no problem with coming up with a work around, but I'm finding that there is one configuration (that I'm aware of thus far) that just isn't working since updating to 2015.  I'm attempting to assign DE to the DDEDIT command as I've done for years, along with several other customizations, but for some reason DE won't work anymore.  All my other customizations are working so I'm at a loss as to why this particular one doesn't want to.

In troubleshooting, I've done the following...

1) I've searched through the .PGP file to ensure that another command for DE does not exist (including the additional commands at the end for Mechanical).

2) I've done a Windows search for ACAD.PGP files on both my local and network locations to make sure there isn't another .PGP file out there in my support path that might be being grabbed instead of the default location, none exist.

3) I've performed a re-init to reload the .PGP file.  I've also shut down and restarted AutoCAD.  Neither works after multiple attempts.

4) Repeatadly checked my typing to ensure spelling and syntax.

pgp.png

Any ideas why DE exclusively doesn't work?

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
mid-awe
in reply to: llorden4

What do you have for:

ED, *DDEDIT

Did you disable/override?

I would undefine it in LISP and redefine it the way you want, then move on.

IMHO
Message 3 of 13
llorden4
in reply to: mid-awe

I am not using it within a LISP routine, it is for a manual keyboard entry.

I'm using it because that's my prefernce.  I have my .PGP setup for my commonly used commands to be input from the left side of the keyboard so that I keep my left hand on the keyboard, right hand on the mouse, and I never have to look down or shift my hands out of home position.

Message 4 of 13
mid-awe

I understood, I use .PGP also. I am only offering a solution. When all else fails, force it 😉
Message 5 of 13
hmsilva

Hi llorden4,

are you editing the correct pgp?

Copy/paste at command line

(startapp "notepad" (findfile "acad.pgp"))

is the file just opened the acad.pgp file you've been editing?

If so, and from screenshot, it looks like that you are editing the acad.pgp in the wrong place, you should not change the default AutoCAD command aliases, but add your's command aliases only after

pgp.png

If you have the same command alias defined more than one time, only the last one will be is valid...

HTH

Henrique

EESignature

Message 6 of 13
llorden4
in reply to: hmsilva

I'll refer to points 1 & 2 of my original post in my troubleshooting attempts.  Any commands that I am changing from default I have REM'd out (see ;D, DIMSTYLE) in my original post as an example.

I am aware of the location to place the commands, and to test I moved the DE command to the very last entry and had no change, it still fails to perform.

By chance has anyone attempted to duplicate this?  Work fine on your machine?

Message 7 of 13
hmsilva

@llorden4 wrote:

I'll refer to points 1 & 2 of my original post in my troubleshooting attempts.  Any commands that I am changing from default I have REM'd out (see ;D, DIMSTYLE) in my original post as an example.

I am aware of the location to place the commands, and to test I moved the DE command to the very last entry and had no change, it still fails to perform.

By chance has anyone attempted to duplicate this?  Work fine on your machine?

My bad, I didn't the OP correctly...

I can't duplicate that, because I don't have 2015 nor AutoCad/Mechanical in this laptop.

One last attempt, entering at command line !DE what is the return?

Henrique

EESignature

Message 8 of 13
llorden4

Returns nil

Message 9 of 13
hmsilva

@llorden4 wrote:

Returns nil

And

!C:DE

Henrique

EESignature

Message 10 of 13
llorden4

also nil

Message 11 of 13
hmsilva

It was just to see if there was any function defined by DE...and there is no.

Maybe someone with 2015 AutoCad/Mechanical can replicate the error...

Henrique

EESignature

Message 12 of 13
llorden4

This issue is still un-resolved if anyone in Autodesk is still listening.  I've been playing around with this again myself lately and I think the trouble is now somewhere actually within the DDEDIT command.

Assigning DDEDIT to DE results in an "unknown command" response from AutoCAD.

Assigning DDEDIT to ET also results in an "unknown command" response from AutoCAD.

TE was already part of the .PGP file and was set to execute TEXTEDIT which worked.  REMming out that definintion and adding a new definition for TE to be DDEDIT resulted "unknown command" response from AutoCAD.

Assigning LIST to DE resulted in the LIST command executing correctly.

(.PGP file was saved and a REINIT was issued between each attempt)

So, I guess I need to refine this post to be an issue with DDEDIT being used/called from the .PGP file.

Message 13 of 13
gdefilo

Hi llorden,
I think the problem is that the DDEDIT command is discontinued in Autocad starting version 2015. It has been substituted by TEDIT command.
So, better if you modify your .pgp file assigning the shortcut you prefer to the TEDIT command.
Hope this helps,
Giancarlo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost