Did you mean: 

permanently embed block and keep visible

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
JamesCarr1956
207 Views, 2 Replies

permanently embed block and keep visible

I need to provide a client with my drawing files. I  want to make sure that a CYA note will never be able to get rid of it. How do i do this? I know that there are settings in block edit, and vlisp, but that will only make it unexploadeable. You can still erase it.

Is there a way to do this? Oh, and, obviously, i would like to be able to get rid of it myself...if I can. If not, i will just save my originals and deliver a copy with that imbedded.

James carr

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
doni49
in reply to: JamesCarr1956

The best I can think of is to make a layer that is LOCKED and put your block on that layer.  But of course your client can still unlock the layer then delete the block.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 3
JamesCarr1956
in reply to: doni49

Well, bummer. I was hoping to at least make it difficult toget rid of it. Thanks for the reply.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost