Did you mean: 

Partial cuix, adding commands to the shortcut menus

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
rhesusminus
1227 Views, 7 Replies

Partial cuix, adding commands to the shortcut menus

Hi all.

I'm able to add custom panels/buttons into the Ribbons, by cloning the existing ribbon (from acade.cuix) into my partial cuix.

However.. I'm not able to add more commands to the shortcut menus, using the same teqnique.

Is it possible to add custom commands to existing shortcut menus using a partial cuix?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
dmfrazier
in reply to: rhesusminus

Gosh, I have seen this question come up many times over the years with no apparent "solution".

"Do shortcut menus only work from within the main CUI?"

The answer to the question... appears to be "yes (but...)".

So, assuming this is true, it would seem that if one wants to create and use a set of custom shortcut menus, and one prefers not to modify those in the "OOTB" CUI, the "custom" CUI should be loaded as "main", and the "ACAD" (plus any others) should be loaded as "partial".

I haven't been able to find any confirmation of this, but it appears to me that AutoCAD can "use" only one shortcut menu at a time (which makes a certain amount of sense to me), and (I have always assumed) it looks for it first in the "main" CUI.  If there is no definition there, one might expect it to "look" in the partials loaded beneath the "main".  From there, one might expect that it would go to "enterprise" and so on.

However, it doesn't appear to work this way.  For example, I have the "ACAD" CUI loaded as a partial under my company "enterprise" CUI, with a customizable "USER" CUI loaded as "main".  I have attempted to define an "alternate" shortcut menu in the USER CUI, but all I ever see is the shortcut menu defined in "ACAD".

I'd love to hear how this works from someone who really knows what they are talking about.

Message 3 of 8
gccdaemon
in reply to: dmfrazier

What kind of shortcut menu's are you talking about...toolbars, pulldown menu's, or ribbon panels? I use a custom partial CUI with all three of these, and am able to run them with no problems. On the otherhand, if you trnsfer the custom commands from one cui to another, you'd be better off.

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 4 of 8
dmfrazier
in reply to: gccdaemon

This kind:

AcadShortcutMenus.png

Message 5 of 8
apstevenson
in reply to: dmfrazier

Hi,

I'm looking for an answer to thsi, just wondering if anyone's had any luck. I'm on LT 2015 now.

Thanks

Message 6 of 8
Julio_Soto
in reply to: rhesusminus

Still looking for an answer

Message 7 of 8
pendean
in reply to: Julio_Soto
Message 8 of 8
rgrainer
in reply to: pendean

?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost