Did you mean: 

pan w/ key-board arrows

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
1829 Views, 10 Replies

pan w/ key-board arrows

Hello,

Does any one know how to make acad 2002 pan using the arrows on the key-board. Another thing that would be usefully is if you could zoom using the + and - keys on the keyboard.

thanks in advance
mo
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

We have added this to the menu files to get something similar. ***ACCELERATORS [Control+"UP"]'-pan ^P(trans (list 0 (* -0.25 (getvar "viewsize"))) 0 1) ;^P [Control+"DOWN"]'-pan ^P(trans (list 0 (* 0.25 (getvar "viewsize"))) 0 1) ;^P [Control+"LEFT"]'-pan ^P(trans (list (* 0.25 (getvar "viewsize")) 0) 0 1) ;^P [Control+"RIGHT"]'-pan ^P(trans (list (* -0.25 (getvar "viewsize")) 0) 0 1) ;^P JRWalker "mo-mo" wrote in message news:23731058.1085536068022.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Hello, > > Does any one know how to make acad 2002 pan using the arrows on the key-board. Another thing that would be usefully is if you could zoom using the + and - keys on the keyboard. > > thanks in advance > mo
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

How do I add this to my menu file?
Message 4 of 11
EC-CAD

mo-mo,
Edit the file: \Program Files\AutoCAD 2002\support\acad.mns
Search for ***ACCEL
Cut / Paste the code there.
Save the file (as a text file)
In AutoCAD, at the command prompt, type:
Menuunload.
Unload any menu groups shown.
Browse for acad.mns .. file you edited.
Do 'Open', and load the menu.
Close the Dialog.
At this time, you should have the Control-keys needed.

Bob
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

Thank you very much for your help, I added the accelerator code to the acad support file and it works!

mo
Message 6 of 11
EC-CAD

Your welcome.

www.bobscadshop.com

Bob
Message 7 of 11
graham.edgar
in reply to: EC-CAD

Hi Folks,

Tried to use the above to do the same in autocad lt 2013, but there is no such file acad.mns

Does anyone know how to do it ?

Many thanks,

Graham

Message 8 of 11
scot-65
in reply to: graham.edgar

command: CUI

Have a look at the attached image and modify the macro and access lines to your liking...

You will first need to create a new command (bottom-left pane).

Drag and drop this new command into the shortcut area (top-left pane).

Highlight the line you just added in the top-left pane and edit in the bottom-right pane.

Good Luck!

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 9 of 11
graham.edgar

Many thanks for your reply, I appreciate your time.  I created a new command called "pan left", dragged it into 'keyboard shortcuts' in the top left pane, clicked on it.  In the right pane, where it says keys I changed this to "control left" (by pressing the keys) . The macro reads "^c^c" and I can't figure out what to put here instead.  I tried:

^P [Control+"LEFT"]'-pan ^P(trans (list (* 0.25 (getvar "viewsize")) 0) 0 1)

When I try control left in model space it brings up CUI again, I'm quite sure I'm doing the macro wrong, please forgive my ignorance - can you spell it out for me?!  Also, is it possible to just use the arrow keys instead of holding control?

Thanks.

Graham

Message 10 of 11
scot-65
in reply to: graham.edgar

Try removing everything before the "]" as the old style MNU/MNS these brackets were part of the display. Also, ^P hides the line from the command prompt. I do not employ this. Try:
^C^C-pan (trans (list (* 0.25 (getvar "VIEWSIZE")) 0) 0 1)
2) I'm not sure if the arrow keys are limited to [Ctrl], [Alt], [Shift], etc. assignments only, maybe look into using the F# keys???

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 11 of 11
graham.edgar

Thanks for that, tried it and it basically does the same as typing -pan in the command line.  It says:

Command: -pan Specify base point or displacement: (trans
Requires two points, or a displacement followed by ENTER.

Any ideas? I'd like to figure it out for myself but I dont know what trans etc. means, and I couldn't find a simple guide, how did you learn how to write the code?

Many thanks.

p.s. I tried ^C^c -pan ; 0,0 ; 1000,0

This works, but only effective when zoomed in - I guess I need to do it relative to the current zoom, such as by pixels instead of mm ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost