Did you mean: 

Page setup / paper templates

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ctnycc
402 Views, 6 Replies

Page setup / paper templates

Good day,

I was wondering if it is possible to do the following,  create an action using the action recorder to run a set of actions which will insert a paper template in paperspace and adjust the paperspace pagesetup to fit the chosen template.  question is can one not already hav ethe page setup parameters already defined so it doesn't ask you to do it?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Colin

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ctnycc

Create a drawing template with your sheet template and page setup all ready there.  Then there is no need to record anything.  When you start a new drawing just pick said drawing template and your sheet and page setups should be there.

Message 3 of 7
Shneuph

azrdgldr's suggestion is a good one.  If you want to do the same thing but you already have a drawing started you can right click on any tab (model layout1 layout2 etc etc) and select "From Template" as well and follow the same procedure.

---sig---------------------------------------
'(83 104 110 101 117 112 104 64 71 109 97 105 108 46 99 111 109)
Message 4 of 7
quikdraft

Glad to see someone else has a need for such a function. Our company has all of it's archived drawings created in model space. Unfortuniately a multiple sheet DSIZE drawing consists of multiple masters. ( From the dos days file naming convention was a real challenge). This year we decided to cross over to  Paper space layout sheets (one file with all sheets).

I've created two recorder actions.

1st one I use after opening an existing drawing that resides in Model Space.

basically cuts everything from Model space and pastes into layout sheet.

then setups the page setup (wish the pagesetup settings could be automatic also, as for now I must enter the page set settings as the end of the action.

2nd action is to create 5 layout tabs and rename them as sht 01 thru sht 05.

3rd recorder action with loop thru the insert command for 5 sheets.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: quikdraft

No disrespect intended but I think you should see if you can find some videos on proper usage of modelspace and paper space.  "Cuts everything from Model space and pastes into layout sheet" Why?  Don't you use Viewports.  Why not create first layout tab, do page setup and insert sheet, as you state, and then do a copy of that layout to create your other sheets.  Your method sound like too much work.

Message 6 of 7
quikdraft

actually when the micros are created it increases production astronomically.

say you are tasked to create a single drawing from 10 existing individual drawings.Five of the existing drawings are drawn in model space and five are drawn in Paper space.

In order to do that all the model space drawings would have to be moved to paper (layout ) space due to the fact that the model space drawings all share the same model space coordinates.

Message 7 of 7
ctnycc
in reply to: quikdraft

Alternatively, in the layout tab, go into model space via a view port and select the paper frame template and change space into paper space.  This is assuming you have full cad.  thanks you have answered my query with regard to page setup, shame you have to manually do the settings.

Colin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost