Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packaging HELP Files

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
159 Views, 2 Replies

Packaging HELP Files

I have created my own .HLP file and call it from within my application (using "help" command). However, unlike my .DCL files, if I try to include the .HLP file as a "Resource File" in my .VLX compile, the application will not find the file.

How do you package a .HLP file with your application, so that when you publish it to others (i.e., send them a .VLX), the HELP file is available to calls from within the application?

George Mulligan
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I generally just have people put help files in the same folder as the routine, then use a startapp type command to run them. Like (CT-WINRUN "myhelp.hlp") (DEFUN C:CT-WINRUN (NAME / ) (IF (NOT (SETQ FILENAME (FINDFILE NAME))) (PROGN (ALERT (STRCAT "File " NAME " cannot be found.")) (VL-EXIT-WITH-VALUE 1) ) ) (IF (NOT (FINDFILE (STRCAT (GETENV "SYSTEMROOT") "\\EXPLORER.EXE"))) (PROGN (ALERT (STRCAT "Explorer cannot be found so file cannot be run.")) (VL-EXIT-WITH-VALUE 1) ) ) (vl-arx-import 'Startapp) (STARTAPP (STRCAT (GETENV "SYSTEMROOT") "\\EXPLORER.EXE") FILENAME) ) mulligan |>I have created my own .HLP file and call it from within my application (using "help" command). However, unlike my .DCL files, if I try to include the .HLP file as a "Resource File" in my .VLX compile, the application will not find the file. |> |>How do you package a .HLP file with your application, so that when you publish it to others (i.e., send them a .VLX), the HELP file is available to calls from within the application? |> |>George Mulligan James Maeding Civil Engineer/Programmer
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. I was just hoping there was a way to eliminate any user action... simply run the application and it contains everything it needs.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost