Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outline Shrinkwrap with islands of crossing closed objects?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
zasanil
877 Views, 6 Replies

Outline Shrinkwrap with islands of crossing closed objects?

I've seen a few outline / shrinkwrap lisps that create a single closed ouline around a set of objects, but I was looking for one that would do the same while creating islands if it detects any inside.

If anyone knows of a lisp that does this please let me know. My searches have come up empty.

Thanks!

Dan Nicholson C.I.D.
PCB Design Engineer
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
_gile
in reply to: zasanil

Hi,

If I do not misunderstand your request, you can find an answer here at TheSwamp (if you do not already have an account, you'll need to register to acces this part of the site). This thread contains .NET (C# and F#) and AutoLISP codes plus a little video which shows the command behavior.

You can also get this LISP named 'Fusion' from this web page (french comments and prompts).

Gilles Chanteau
Programmation AutoCAD LISP/.NET
GileCAD
GitHub

Message 3 of 7
zasanil
in reply to: _gile

Hi Gilles,

That lisp worked fine. Thanks for the link! I noticed the discussion in that swamp thread about the speed of the routine. The items I'm trying to process are very numerous and it takes a good 15 minutes or so to process one layer. I have autocad 2013 and I've only ever used lisp scripts, but that thread was talking about the C# version being much faster. It there a way I can load the C# into autocad 2013?

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Nicholson C.I.D.
PCB Design Engineer
Message 4 of 7
_gile

In the attached ZIP file you'd find two DLLs: ShrinkWrapPlines_18.dll (for AutoCAD 2007-2012) and ShrinkWrapPlines_19 (for AutoCAD 2013+).

• Unzip the DLLs (perhaps you'd have to unblock the DLL)
  • Load the DLL corresponding to you AutoCAD version with the NETLOAD command.
  • Launch UPL command and select the polylines

The command will spend some time to achieve the first time it runs due to the modeler DLL loading (required to create regions) and the final compilation of the DLL.

Anyway, it may be faster to run the command several times selecting only some polylines then run it once with all the polylines in the drawing.

Gilles Chanteau
GileCAD
GitHub

Message 5 of 7
stevor

Zas, other examples in autolisp can be found with searches for: Convex Hull +autolisp.
S
Message 6 of 7
zasanil

Thanks Gilles and Stevor for the file and suggestions. /cheers

Dan Nicholson C.I.D.
PCB Design Engineer
Message 7 of 7
_gile

stevor,

What zasanil seems to want (and what the provided UPL command does) is not at all the same as a convex hull (it's more a concave hull possibly with islands).

UPL.png

Gilles Chanteau
GileCAD
GitHub

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost